Search for Jobs:
Field Safety Representative Des Moines, IA
Field Safety Representative
Des Moines, IA
Specialize in demolition, heavy highway and commercial grading.
Elder Corporation is a family-owned business and values long-term employee relationships. We specialize in massive earthmoving and complex underground utility projects to heavy duty demolition work, and are trusted by thousands of Midwest customers to be their site development partner. Although we require experienced applicants for some positions, we are always looking for employees who are willing to be flexible and learn new skills. To learn more about Elder Corporation, visit our website at www.eldercorp.com.
Due to the increase in volume in site work with high level of safety standards, Elder Corporation has an immediate opening for a Field Safety Representative.
- Organization and documentation of Daily Safety items, Daily Huddles, JHA (Job Hazard Analysis), Excavation Permits, Daily Stretch & Flex, Spoil Classification for the design and execution of safe trench excavation, Pre-Task Planning, Underground Utility Locates and verification.
- Attendance at all customer sponsored safety meetings.
- Engagement in site safety team meetings.
- Management of site logistics in relationship to work zones and maintenance of the areas.
- Ensure management and lead personnel are aware of the safety requirements and enlist their help to guarantee it is followed by other employees.
- Respond to complaints of safety hazards at existing job sites to address potential issues.
- Ensure and monitor continual safety improvements to set annual objectives and targets.
- QA QC documentation required submittals.
- Organization and submittals of daily equipment inspections.
- Management and documentation of material handling policies.
- All other items and submittals as required by the owner and client.
- Basic knowledge and involvement with DOT and OSHA regulatory requirements (both state and federal level).
- OSHA 30 certification
- Strong decision-making and employee relations skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Detail-oriented with advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- General underground utility industry experience
- Knowledge of OSHA and DOT regulations
- Familiarity with Iowa One Call and private utility locate procedures
- Understanding of workers’ compensation and EEO regulatory requirements
- Experience training employees on safety-related procedures
- Ability to be an effective leader and strong negotiator with safety professionals, and regulatory and/or industry organizations
All prospective employees will be subject to a pre-employment drug screen, physical and a background check.
Elder Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.