Search for Jobs:
Engineering Technician Des Moines, IA
TEAM Services, Inc.
Des Moines, IA
$15/hour + (depending on experience)
Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing, Special Inspection
General Responsibilities: Performs basic field and laboratory tests as directed. Exercises selection of test frequency and has the ability to make limited analysis of data.
- Soils - Observe placement of fill material, perform control tests, review data for compliance with project requirements, review soil conditions in simple footings or piers, and classification of soil, Proctors, and Atterberg Limits tests.
- Aggregates - Test specific gravity, absorption, and sieve analysis
- Concrete - Observe placement, perform unit weight, slump, air, cast field samples, perform lab compressive and flexural strength tests
- Asphalt - Perform lab density tests, extraction/gradation analysis, and field compaction tests
- Steel - Review field erection for compliance, standard fabrication, reinforcing steel placement, and R-meter or Profometer for reinforcing location.
As an TEAM employee, you’ll receive our traditional benefits package (health care, vision, PTO, etc.), plus the opportunity to be an owner in the company after your first year, a great 401(k), and industry leading bonus system that rewards performance, and option of company vehicle.
Minimum Experience: 0-3 years
1. Two years in related technical school or college; or
2. ACI, NICET or DOT certification and attendance at a nuclear safety course.
Travel to job sites within the surrounding area.