Search for Jobs:
Electrical Helper Des Moines, IA
The Weitz Company
Des Moines, IA
$Negotiated Upon Hire
Our global construction group is comprised of Orascom Construction subsidiaries, The Weitz Company, Contrack Watts Inc., and Watts Constructors. Collectively, we specialize in Commercial, Federal, and Industrial construction projects with a best-in-class Supply Chain segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. That’s why we provide team members a career (not just a job), supported by learning and development opportunities, and a positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company’s culture.
Our Company views employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. We are committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that inspires, motivates, and continuously improves. Community involvement, employee empowerment, and strong relationships makes The Weitz Company a great place to work.
The Weitz Company is seeking Electrical Helpers to be located on a project site in Des Moines, IA.
The rate of pay will be $22.00 to $24.00 for Electrical Helpers. If interested, you can send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 601-527-1716.
What You'll Do:
- Must be proficient with bending pipe
- Must be able to install PVC, EMT, RIGID, FLEX, MC
- Must be capable of making multiple electrical circuits with multiple ground conductors
- Must be able to trim out fixtures with minimal supervision
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to bend, sit, stand and walk on uneven ground; use hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls; frequently make repetitive reaching and other movements with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee frequently is required to speak and listen and must regularly lift and/or move materials. Specific vision abilities include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This list is to be considered general and not all-inclusive. The Company reserves the right to change or modify, consistent with business necessity.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must wear all company or project required personal protective equipment (PPE), regularly work in outside weather conditions, be aware of close moving mechanical parts, and perform in high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Employee must also be able to work scheduled/ unscheduled overtime, per the needs of the project (weekends and holidays included).
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay and Benefits
- Strong Company and Safety Culture
- Training Opportunities
- Other Benefits, if applicable
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
What We're Looking For:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each previously stated duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skills, and ability necessary to succeed in this role.
- Education: High School diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred. Trade School is preferred but not required.
- Experience: A minimum of zero to four (0-4) years’ experience of commercial electrical experience is required.
- Skills: The candidate must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide units of measure. Training and complying with all safety rules, and performing without constant supervision are also requirements of this position.
- Language Skills: A qualified candidate must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints and specifications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Candidate must also be able to write routine correspondence and speak effectively with customers and co-workers.