Search for Jobs:
Commissioning Manager - Data Center Construction Des Moines, IA
The Weitz Company
Commissioning Manager - Data Center Construction
Des Moines, IA
$Negotiated Upon Hire
Our global construction group is comprised of Orascom Construction subsidiaries, The Weitz Company, Contrack Watts Inc., and Watts Constructors. Collectively, we specialize in Commercial, Federal, and Industrial construction projects with a best-in-class Supply Chain segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. That’s why we provide team members a career (not just a job), supported by learning and development opportunities, and a positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company’s culture.
Our Company views employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. We are committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that inspires, motivates, and continuously improves. Community involvement, employee empowerment, and strong relationships makes The Weitz Company a great place to work.
EPI Power is currently seeking an experienced Commissioning Project Manager to be located on a data center project in Des Moines, IA.
The Commissioning Project Manager is responsible for providing direction and leadership on Mission Critical/Data Center projects. The role includes managing the commissioning process from level 1 through level 5, leading the turnover of a fully commissioned data center to our customer.
What You'll Do:
- Direct and manage the commissioning process (level 1 through level 5) on the project inclusive of the startup plan, commissioning schedule and functional testing.
- Oversee the inspection process during commissioning to ensure work is delivered in a timely manner, meeting all customer expectations and specifications.
- Direct and handle the commissioning process on the project inclusive of the startup plan, commissioning schedule and functional testing.
- Lead all activities required in the project closeout inclusive of operations and maintenance manuals, model turn over, and training.
- Function as the main point of contact with the owner and on-site representative.
- Resolve site commissioning issues and concerns that the customer may have.
- Participate in factory witness testing as applicable.
- Manage and implement the QC Program.
- Ensure testing is performed and provide QC certifications and documentation required.
- Managing and Coordinating the three phases of control and documentation performed by testing laboratory personnel and any other inspection and testing personnel required.
- Organize mutual understanding meeting with owner and subcontractors.
- Conduct weekly QC meetings with owner and project team. Participate in weekly subcontractor meeting with project team.
- Implement methods for monitoring work activities such as three phases of control and daily progress reports to accurately inform project manager and/or project superintendent of current status of work activity.
- Coordinate and participate in pre-installation conferences with subcontractors.
- Coordinate, through intermediate QC personnel, follow-up inspections.
- Document all quality inspections and pre-installation meetings.
- Manage and coordinate QC Specialists, Testing Laboratory personnel, and any other inspection and testing personnel.
- Review submittals for accuracy and compliance with plans and specifications.
- Ensure that shop drawing and submittal review and approval process is effective and efficient.
- Communicate with owner, project manager, superintendent, and subcontractors to collect quality information for improvement and/or quality concerns.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Benefits Package with Tax-Advantaged HSA and FSA offerings
- Employer-Paid Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Products including Critical Illness Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Corporate Wellness Program with Wellness Time Off and Rewards
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
What We're Looking For:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Construction, Civil, Architectural, Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering is preferred; an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Experience: A minimum of six (6) years' experience overseeing MEP scopes preferably with a mechanical or electrical contractor; Mission Critical/Data Center commissioning and QC/QA experience. Experience in a fast-paced environment; proven history of leading others successfully and to teach, develop and mentor others.
- Skills: Ability to read and interpret construction documents, knowledge of construction methods and materials, and the ability to communicate, negotiate and problem solve are all required skills. Candidate must also have time management and project organizational skills to be successful in this role.
- Technology: Candidate should have experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Apple products (iPhone & iPad) and have the ability to learn specific software. Solid systems experience with Procore, JDE, Bluebeam and Asta is preferred. Training will be provided on company standards.