Search for Jobs:
Machine Control GPS Specialist Anamosa, IA
Machine Control GPS Specialist
$based on experience
Boomerang is a premier site work contractor built on family, integrity and creating opportunities for our team members to grow as we work hand in hand with our clients.
We're trusted to tackle the toughest of infrastructure projects for state, local or private entities. The strong foundation our superior employees and equipment build is why people keep returning to Boomerang.
Can you dig it?
The Machine Control GPS Specialist performs job and file set up; maintains and manages GPS files, in addition to machine control setup. To perform in this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide field support to crew operations such as construction staking, boundary, and topographic surveys.
- Read and analyze data using civil construction plans, maps, charts, drones, GPS software, and equipment.
- Perform routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and provide required reports.
- Properly follow all state and federal agencies safety procedures.
- Promote and complies with all company safety policies and procedures, bringing problems to the attention of the foreman, project manager, safety director or HR manager.
- Maintain certifications required by all state and federal agencies and company safety programs.
- Collaborate and working with project managers, construction crews, and government agencies when necessary.
- Maintain professional attitude with owners, inspectors, public and company personnel.
- Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall team operations.
**MUST PASS PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN**
Top Wages, Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Holidays, PTO, Life Insurance, Short- & Long-Term Disability, Team Focused Environment
Required Education and Experience
- Sufficient education to create appropriate arithmetic equations and complete written documentation, or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training that provides the desired knowledge, skills, and characteristics.
- Knowledge of construction industry.
- Ability to work from construction specifications and blueprints.
- Valid driver’s license.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience with Topcon field equipment and data collection software
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D software
- Degree in Land Surveying, Surveying Engineering, Geospatial Engineering, or equivalent experience.
AAP/EEO Statement – Women & Minorities Encouraged to Apply.
Boomerang Corp. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran, or other protected group status.