Search for Jobs:
Project Controls Manager Des Moines, IA
Tri-City Electric Co.
Project Controls Manager
Des Moines, IA
t’s an exciting time to become a part of the Tri-City team. As we continue to grow, your career can thrive with us.
However, before you apply you should know that at Tri-City, CONFIDENCE DELIVERED® is more than just our tagline. It represents who we are and is based on our incredible team of employees who are devoted to delivering our customers the expertise and solutions they deserve. That’s why we’re dedicated to only hiring the best people in the industry. If you are a hard-working and reliable professional ready to make a positive impact on the markets we serve, you may be just what we’re looking for.
Tri-City Electric Co. has been awarded a Top Workplaces 2021 by The Des Moines Register.
Tri-City Electric Co. is currently seeking a Project Controls Manager for an immediate opening in Des Moines, IA. The Project Controls Manager will support the project management team in successful delivery of projects, develop budgets, monitor, and report to external stakeholders on progress and forecast successfully.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversees employee performance reporting, establishing, maintenance and reinforce standard operating procedures critical to project completion and schedule. during a project and supporting all managers involved with the project.
- Provide professional guidance and support to project teams to help develop project budgets, resource forecasts, risk registers, progress reports and standardized reporting forms for various professional services contracts
- Provide specialized direction and recommendations to project teams and management teams for the resolution of diverse project controls issues
- Compile, monitor and report on project financial data, including but not limited to, planned spend, actual spend, estimate to complete, budget trends, project costs, profitability, etc.
- Attend and/or facilitate monthly project controls meetings with key project personnel
- Perform data validation and quality checks on project expenses and invoices
- Facilitate and support completion of internal quality and reporting requirements
- Create and manage change orders
- Facilitate development of scope and cost documents across internal and external project teams
- Compile CST and client specific change management documentation
- Oversee change order submittal, negotiation, and approval processes
- Develop recovery and mitigation plans and manage the execution of the plans
- Perform commercial reviews of the financial impacts of project change orders
- Working with the Project leads and Manager(s) to provide monthly resource level staff (manpower) planning data
- Providing expert advice relative to how Primavera should be used across the company
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off
- We promote from within
- Family owned with a great company culture!
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field Engineering, Construction Management
- Minimum of 7 years’ working experience in project management or project controls
- Proficiency in Primavera P6, Microsoft excel is required
- Experience presenting recorded data and creating reports
Candidates must possess strong attention to detail, tact, and consideration, focus on accuracy, solid communication skills, positive initiative and judgement, the ability to problem solve and meet deadlines, self-motivation, business acumen and be organized. This is a full-time salary position. Days and hours of work are Monday-Friday 7:00am-5:00pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required. This schedule is mandated by jobsite requirements so is subject to change as business needs require.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and reference check. Tri-City Electric Co. is an equal opportunity employer.