Search for Jobs:
Craftsperson - Ironworker/Welder Waterloo, IA
Cardinal Construction Inc.
Craftsperson - Ironworker/Welder
$18-25 per hour
As the current operating entity of a general contracting firm dating to 1895, Cardinal Construction, Inc. retains its status as a full-service contractor with offerings that run the gamut from competitive hard bid, to negotiated GMP, to design-build, and on through to construction management. Serving clients throughout northeast and eastern Iowa, Cardinal specializes in industrial, institutional, and commercial construction.
Cardinal Construction is seeking full-time craftspeople with ironworking and welding experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Work and maintain knowledge of various construction materials including steel, wood, and concrete;
· Joins, designs, and fabricates various types of metal objects using an array of welding techniques;
· Analyze blueprints, plans and drawings to determine measurements and plan layout;
· Take measurement of distances and materials to establish dimensions/ sizes as directed;
· Operate construction equipment, as needed;
· Read and interpret building plans in coordination with Project Superintendent;
· Ensure compliance with safety rules and procedures to minimize risk of workplace accidents; and,
· Additional tasks, as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Cardinal Construction, Inc. is strongly committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business. It is our objective to obtain individuals who are qualified or qualifiable for positions of employment by job-related standards of education, training, experience and performance and to avoid the establishment of artificial barriers to employment or promotion.
Therefore, we follow the law and do not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic testing information, creed, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and childbirth and/or related medical conditions, military service or any other traits or classifications protected by federal, state or local laws.
Cardinal Construction was founded in 1895. We are an employee-owned company, dedicated to creating a positive experience for our Clients through integrity, service and exceptional workmanship. We treat all members of our team fairly and are committed to continuous improvement at all levels.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume to:
Angie Joerger, Human Resource Manager
Cardinal Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment screening and physical. We offer an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Healthcare Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Plan
- 401k Plan
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Training
- Power-Tool Leasing Program
Minimum 1-year experience in a similar role.
· Thorough knowledge and expertise of the construction process.
· Physical stamina sufficient to perform construction-related activities including, but not limited to lifting and carrying a minimum of fifty (50) pounds; repeated pounding, standing, bending, stooping, climbing in and around equipment, and up and down ladders throughout daily work shifts. Must be able to work at a minimum of two stories height on a structure or powered lift.
· Required to provide their own hand tools.
Willingness to travel to jobsites within Iowa, as needed.