Search for Jobs:
Estimator - Concrete Floor Finishes Des Moines, IA
Estimator - Concrete Floor Finishes
Des Moines, IA
Royale Concrete offers commercial concrete polishing, repair, restoration, sealing, joint filling, surface preparation, coatings, and terrazzo polishing throughout the United States with a focus on the Midwest and Iowa.
THE ESTIMATOR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR A VARIETY OF DUTIES WITHIN ROYALE CONCRETE AND INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- General contractor relationships: build and maintain relationships with general contractors.
- Inside sales: identifying the industries/government entities that use our services that are vital to build a solid book of new business clients.
- Sufficient knowledge of the concrete polishing and coating industry: (installation, decorative concrete, overlayments, concrete repair, equipment, tooling, moisture control, coatings.)
- Ability to listen and understand customer’s project goals to competently make recommendations that are in the best interest of the customer and best use of their investment.
- Able to interpret architectural plans and specifications, construction design elements and make technical recommendations and submit RFI’s and substitution requests.
- Able to proficiently discuss concrete polishing, decorative concrete and epoxy systems.
- Generate and create opportunities and new leads with general contractors, retail chains, government entities, facilities managers & architect/designers.
- Follow up on proposals and close sales.
- Hand off project to management and field team seamlessly to ensure no balls are dropped and customer needs are met.
- Maintain client satisfaction level.
- Work collaboratively with the project management and field team.
- Work with vendors and manufacturers on product specifications.
- Negotiate with customers on all facets of a project including logistics, schedule, etc.
- Work closely with President to ensure fair pricing structure for customers.
- Bid profitable projects: identifying, analyzing and quantifying materials/labor for jobs.
- Maintains and updates CRM.
- Maintains and oversees internal bidding process and bid invitations.
- Construction take-offs using take-off software.
- MUST BE BASED OUT OF CENTRAL IOWA
- Proven work experience in construction estimating and inside sales/relationship management.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize daily workload.
- Discretion and confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- MS Office, Take-off/estimating software, English proficiency
- Valid state driver’s license is required.
- Strong work ethic.
- Decisiveness/good judgements, problem-solving and analytical skills to act with authority and take risks in an environment with little direction from others.
- Market awareness.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Computer and software skills and experience, ability to learn new tools quickly and with ease
- Understanding of commercial construction
- Minimum five (5) years of estimating and sales experience
- Strong track record of sales in construction field.
- Construction estimating: 2 years
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- Construction estimating: 2 years (Required)
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance