Search for Jobs:
Industrial Automation Technician Ankeny, IA
Industrial Automation Technician
Baker Group, the Midwest’s leading provider of critical building infrastructure systems, is expanding its team of more than 1100 dedicated professionals. Headquartered in Ankeny, Iowa, Baker Group is the recognized leader in developing and deploying a variety of systems for commercial and industrial clients. With special expertise in Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing, Piping, Electrical, Sheet Metal, Automation, Access Control, Security Cameras, Parking Revenue Control, Fire Alarm design and 24/7/365 Service, our team includes the breadth of skills required in the construction of highly technical, special-use buildings like hospitals, educational facilities, corporate office buildings, data centers, industrial facilities and research laboratories. To learn more about our company and our career opportunities, please visit www.thebakergroup.com.
Do you care about people and possess a passion for service? Do you love what you do and leap at the opportunity to solve complex challenges with equal parts creativity and teamwork? Are you mentally tough and excited by the prospect of exceeding expectations? Do you proudly take ownership in your work in a way that pushes you to partner with leadership to accomplish long-term goals and move your organization forward? If your answer to these questions is a resounding “Yes!” we want to visit with you about a career at the Baker Group.
Provide technical start-up and programming for Building or Process Automation and Control Systems. Maintain and grow the “Customer for Life” concept for existing and new customers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are typical for this job. These are not to be constructed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Designing and developing distributed control systems (DCS) including PLC/HMI/SCADA programs, product selection for bill of material (BOM) based on customer specifications, creating sequence of operations (SOO), and creating Engineering Drawings.
- Project start up, program modification, and commission of new PLC/HMI/SCADA control systems
- Provide technical support on company sponsored products to customers and company technicians
- Attend project turnover meeting with project manager to gain knowledge of project estimate and scope
- Create Operating and Maintenance (O&M) Manuals for projects
- Working collaboratively with design engineers, operation engineers, purchasers and other internal staff
- Work with other engineers to develop and share technical solutions and standards
- Actively participate in training to maintain technical expertise on new products, tools, and integration through continuing education initiatives
- Accurate daily time and equipment reporting
- Understanding and ensuring compliance with relevant health and safety regulations and quality standards
Baker Group offers a competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment. Wage is dependent on experience.
Baker Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
All positions are contingent upon successfully completing a drug test.
*Care About People* *Love What We Do* *Mentally Tough* *Own It*
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- 2 years of experience with PLC/HMI control systems
- Minimum Associates Degree in Electronics Technology or Robotics/PLC is Preferred
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Creative problem-solving, Excellent critical thinking skills, and a high level of numeracy
- Strong team working skills, with an ability to motivate others and to lead or manage teams and projects
- Willingness to accept responsibility and make decisions
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical schematics
- Working knowledge of at least one PLC software (i.e. Rockwell RSLogix or Modicon Unity Pro)
- Working knowledge of at least one HMI software (i.e. Rockwell FactoryTalk or Wonderware InTouch)
- Knowledge of common Windows Office applications
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL or other database applications preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Ethernet and serial network communication formats and hardware configurations and device integration
- Understanding of basic process controls (i.e. PID control loops, motor control, commissioning of digital and analog measurement devices)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written