Search for Jobs:
Architectural Panel Installer Des Moines, IA
Architectural Panel Installer
Des Moines, IA
$Up to $28.00 and hour
Since the 1940's, SGH has grown throughout the Midwest to the Rockies. From ideation to completion with cutting-edge building-facades, daylighting, LED system and wall partitions, we successfully engineer, manufacture, supply, distribute, and install quality architectural solutions.
We have offices located in 7 states.
Join our Employee-Owned Company as a Construction/Architectural Panel Installer for SGH Concepts, a division of SGH Redglaze Holdings, Inc. This position is based out of the Des Moines, IA office and will perform tasks involving physical labor at medium to heavy construction projects. The Architectural Panel Installer is responsible for assisting with the designing and installation of architectural panels comprised of different materials including phenolic, steel, aluminum, and cementitious type panels.
***Willing to train motivated applicants***
- Punctual – Reports directly to assigned jobsite, on time, five (5) days a week with a designated start time
- Work with blueprints or instructions from supervisors
- Ability to use hand/power tools to attach materials to substrates
- Maintains/secures a clean job site, picks up all tools and equipment each day to eliminate potential hazards and theft
- Performs materials handling and storage
- Loads/unloads trucks, hauls/hoists materials
- Ensures that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed. Brings problems to the attention of the foreman.
- Working on top of Ariel equipment, ladders, and the rooftops of buildings.
- Safety procedures in the work environment will be exercised at all times.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles on job sites, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
- This position regularly works in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and debris.
- This position could be exposed to a variety of extreme conditions on construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
- Occasionally this position will require long hours and possible Saturday work.
This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
Rate of pay is up to $28.00/hour based on Architectural Panel, framing, carpetry, or sheet metal experience. Supervisory position could be more, based on experience.
* Hiring bonus after 6 months of continuous satisfactory employmentBenefits
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays
- 401(k) profit-sharing savings plan
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Program)
- We offer Access to:
- Health Insurance and Prescription Drug Plan
- Dental and Vision plans
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Short-term, Long-term Disability & other Supplemental plans
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical capabilities test
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to wear required PPE at all times
- Preferred 1+ years of jobsite/construction experience and ability to read blueprints
- Must have reliable transportation to and from job sites
- Ability to use a computer, iPad or Tablet helpful
- Can lift heavy objects, walk, and stand for long periods of time, as well as perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions
- Ability to lift, push, pull or carry objects
- Can use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue; and effectively jump, sprint, or throw objects
- Good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) along with multi-limbed coordination
- Ability to quickly move arms and legs
- Excellent physical stamina is a plus
Mostly days: Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
- Customer/Client Focus
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Results Driven
- Ability to read a tape measure, work with basic hand tools (mallet, framing square, chalk line, pry bars, tin snips, etc.)
- Ability to safely operate power tools (drills, impact driver, jigsaw, grinders, circular saw, sheet metal shears, etc.)
- Willing to take direction from supervisors and other team members
- Willing to be a valued team member.
Occasional out of town work that may require overnight hotel stays, provided by the employer