Search for Jobs:
Project Manager - Commercial Construction Des Moines, IA
The Weitz Company
Project Manager - Commercial Construction
Des Moines, IA
Our global construction group is comprised of Orascom Construction subsidiaries, The Weitz Company, Contrack Watts Inc., and Watts Constructors. Collectively, we specialize in Commercial, Federal, and Industrial construction projects with a best-in-class Supply Chain segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. That’s why we provide team members a career (not just a job), supported by learning and development opportunities, and a positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company’s culture.
Our Company views employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. We are committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that inspires, motivates, and continuously improves. Community involvement, employee empowerment, and strong relationships makes The Weitz Company a great place to work.
We are currently accepting applications for a Project Manager to join our Iowa Commercial team.
What You’ll Do Every Day:
- Prepare and manage project schedule; identify and address long lead items; update project plan as required; initiate changes to ensure adherence
- Negotiate and execute change orders, subcontracts and purchase orders
- Complete monthly project status reports, owner billings and financial risk assessments
- Identify and recommend value engineering and scope reduction opportunities
- Ensure project safety plan is completed and communicated to project team and subcontractors
- Assist with preconstruction efforts
- Manage buy-out process
- Detect constructability issues with project design
- Understand contract terms, budgets, insurances, bonds and change orders; ensure adherence including work progress being within scope
- Recommend staff development needs, disciplinary actions, job assignments and promotions
- Perform other duties as assigned
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
The Weitz Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment (minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws). The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace and background checks are required if applicable. Click here to review our Privacy Notice.
- Competitive Pay
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Benefits Package with Tax-Advantaged HSA and FSA offerings
- Employer-Paid Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Products including Critical Illness Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Corporate Wellness Program with Wellness Time Off and Rewards
At least five (5) years’ of commercial construction experience is required, including project management experience. Candidate should have experience managing others with a proven history of leading, teaching, developing and mentoring successfully. Experience in a fast-paced business environment is helpful.
- Desired Experience: At least five (5) years’ of commercial construction experience is required, including project management experience. Candidate should have experience managing others with a proven history of leading, teaching, developing and mentoring successfully. Experience in a fast-paced business environment is helpful.
- Skills: Business acumen, judgment, communication, solid leadership, client relations, negotiation, project management, solid construction knowledge, decision-making, conflict resolution, tact, adaptable and analytical abilities are all necessary skills for a Project Manager.
- Education: industry-related college degree is required; an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Technology: Candidate should have experience with or be able to learn specific project management and scheduling software (ex: JDE, Procore, Bluebeam, Asta). Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required. Training will be provided on company standards.
Our project sites are typically within a 60 mile radius of Des Moines.