Search for Jobs:
Project Manager - Industrial Automation Kansas City, MO
Project Manager - Industrial Automation
Kansas City, MO
Baker Group, the Midwest’s leading provider of critical building infrastructure systems, is expanding its team of more than 1100 dedicated professionals. Headquartered in Ankeny, Iowa, Baker Group is the recognized leader in developing and deploying a variety of systems for commercial and industrial clients. With special expertise in Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing, Piping, Electrical, Sheet Metal, Automation, Access Control, Security Cameras, Parking Revenue Control, Fire Alarm design and 24/7/365 Service, our team includes the breadth of skills required in the construction of highly technical, special-use buildings like hospitals, educational facilities, corporate office buildings, data centers, industrial facilities and research laboratories. To learn more about our company and our career opportunities, please visit www.thebakergroup.com.
Do you care about people and possess a passion for service? Do you love what you do and leap at the opportunity to solve complex challenges with equal parts creativity and teamwork? Are you mentally tough and excited by the prospect of exceeding expectations? Do you proudly take ownership in your work in a way that pushes you to partner with leadership to accomplish long-term goals and move your organization forward? If your answer to these questions is a resounding “Yes!” we want to visit with you about a career at the Baker Group.
Project Manager - Industrial Automation
FLSA Designation: Exempt
Create and develop relationships supportive of the Baker Group mission statement with employees, internal and external customers. Additionally, provide opportunities to increase business unit revenues by marketing and cross selling products and services provided by Baker Group. This includes, but is not limited to industrial process and HVAC controls. Manage projects in a manner that compliments all facets of the project from design to owner training. Maintain and grow the “Customer for Life” concept for existing and new customers.
Provides sales support as needed to secure potential sales, reviews estimates as required, initiates sales/ops turnovers and documents scope, reviews control submittals and re-estimate, assists in scheduling, revenue forecasting. Prices all change orders ensuring customer labor rates/markups are met. Provides reviews/goals of ops team members. Responsible for execution coordination, project documentation, project financials, and customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are typical for this job. These are not to be constructed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Understand industrial automation systems
- Understand manufacturing, processing, and HVAC systems
- Offer and implement solutions to customers through engineering and field personnel
- Develop relationships with existing customers and pursue opportunities which provide long-term customer relationships and revenue opportunities
- Educate customers on Baker Group capabilities not only in the industrial automation business, but also to cross sell capabilities for revenue opportunities within other business units
- Develop solutions for customers utilizing internal estimating software and standard product selections
- Review solutions with Baker Group team members prior to submitting to customer – make sure we can deliver what we are selling
- Act as the account manager or single point of contact with customer during project execution
- Attend scheduling meetings with Operations Manager – assist with scheduling field labor
- Attend project meetings internal and external – provide communication written and verbal regarding information requests, proposal requests, coordination, submittal reviews, etc.
- Initiate turnover meetings to engineering and field discussing project scope, safety, timelines, etc.
- Procure subcontracts as required for installation – utilize procurement documented format when obtaining multiple bids
- Utilize company standard documents for business development, pre-proposal checklists, turnovers, subcontracts, purchase orders, warranty, etc.
- Manage the project to ensure financial success of the project
- Accurate daily time and equipment reporting
- Cross sell and cold call
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Science, Construction Management, or Engineering preferred
- Experience in industrial and process controls
- Experience in estimating and managing automation projects, as well as, building and growing customer relationships
- Must have a good driving record
- A contingency for employment will require the successfully passing of a background investigation
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Positive attitude
- Team player, collaborative with the group
- Ability to develop and maintain long-term relationships
- Communication skills; direct with customers, construction team, and internal
- Knowledge of building automation systems
At any given time, may be exposed to:
- Normal office conditions