Search for Jobs:
Commercial Utility Foreman **SIGN ON BONUS** Anamosa, IA
Commercial Utility Foreman **SIGN ON BONUS**
Boomerang is a premier site work contractor built on family, integrity and creating opportunities for our team members to grow as we work hand in hand with our clients.
We're trusted to tackle the toughest of infrastructure projects for state, local or private entities. The strong foundation our superior employees and equipment build is why people keep returning to Boomerang.
Can you dig it?
Water, Wastewater & Structural Concrete
This position directly supervises employees and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work. Appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. The position is responsible for supervising a crew of laborers in the concrete and cast in place structures by performing the following duties.
Top Wages, Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Holidays, PTO, Life Insurance, Short- & Long-Term Disability, Team Focused Environment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Direct tasks include use of layout equipment and erecting/constructing forms, tying rebar, and finishing concrete.
- Read and interpret detailed civil plans and paving hubs, set string line, set forms and grade.
- Direct crew in carpentry and concrete finishing tasks.
- Ensure crew maintains a clean job site, picks up all tools and equipment and secures job site each day to eliminate potential hazards.
- Supervise and coordinate daily activities of 6 or more craft workers and prioritizes work.
- Organizes, supervises, leads, and trains crew members to complete projects within established guidelines and time frames, on time and under budget.
- Reads and follows plans, material lists, guidelines and applies necessary timelines.
- Operates heavy equipment of various sizes and weights used in road, site, or highway construction and excavation.
- Monitors quality control of work in place by operators.
- Implement efficient methods of production in all areas of the project.
- Assist in schedule development and effectively budget time to adhere to schedule.
- Identifying potential change orders.
- Monitor labor reporting, job cost reviews and two-week look ahead scheduling.
- Efficiently communicates with the Project Manager any delays, and/or emergencies at the job site; works with PM to resolve issues to comply with budget and schedule.
- Performs routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and provide required reports. Any defects or needed repairs should be reported to the shop foreman; cleans equipment.
- Conduct jobsite orientation and train and mentor new workers.
- Properly follows all state and federal agencies safety procedures; brings problems to the attention of the project manager, safety director or HR manager.
- Promotes and complies with all company and client safety policies and procedures, including crewmember discipline and documentation.
- Maintain certifications required by all state and federal agencies and company safety programs.
- Conduct weekly safety meetings and attend cost/job reviews.
- Daily reporting of time, progress and materials used thru electronic reporting; significant project facts, events, and conditions must be reported.
- Maintain professional attitude with owners, inspectors, public and company personal.
**MUST PASS A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN**
Required Education and Experience
- Valid driver’s license.
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in construction concrete set up and finishing.
- Proficient at reading blueprints.
- Proficient in one or more relevant craft areas
- Knowledge of process piping and UV disinfection systems
- Ability to motivate workers, lead by example and communicate effectively.
- Ability to compute basic numbers, read scales and use simple fractions.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within project timelines.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Knowledge of the construction industry.
- Water & Wastewater plant experience a plus
AAP/EEO Statement– Women & Minorities Encouraged to Apply
Boomerang Corp. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran or other protected group status.