Search for Jobs:
Rasmussen Group Diesel Mechanic - 2nd Shift (4:30 PM - 2:30 AM) Des Moines, IA
Rasmussen Group Diesel Mechanic - 2nd Shift (4:30 PM - 2:30 AM)
Des Moines, IA
$23.00 - $35.00 per hour based on experience
The Rasmussen Group is an Iowa-based company with over a century of heavy construction experience and expertise. Based in Des Moines, Iowa, The Rasmussen Group represents a variety of multi-faceted design-build heavy construction companies. With companies specializing in bridge construction, marine contracts, concrete and asphalt supply, paving, heavy hauling, dump trucks, crane operations, and fabricating steel, The Rasmussen Group can provide excellent, complete customer service with one phone call. Our companies ensures for an on-time, safe, professional build that will keep your project on budget and provide for its successful completion.
The Rasmussen Group is an Iowa-based company with over a century of construction experience and expertise. Based in Des Moines, Iowa, the Rasmussen Group represents various multi-faceted construction companies. With companies specializing in concrete and asphalt supply, paving, heavy hauling, dump trucks, crane operations, and fabricating steel. This is your chance to do something more. Something important. Something big. Join us—we’ll make sure your Hard Work’s Worth It.
The Mechanic position is responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing heavy construction equipment in a safe and efficient manner. This position is also responsible for needed inspections on a variety of equipment.
- Service and repair all assigned vehicles, equipment, and associated items without assistance and without delaying production activities.
- Accurately follow the company’s preventative maintenance program and service schedule.
- Inspect vehicles and equipment for proper operation and condition.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical and operational problems.
- Work effectively on gasoline and/or diesel engines, and all mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and/or electronic systems.
- Manage pre-trip and post-trip Inspection Reports to identify, track, and complete necessary repair and maintenance.
- Accurately document all service and repair work. Maintain complete repair and service reports.
- Other duties as assigned per supervisor.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Monday through Friday with weekend and some holiday and evening work required.
- Generally, 50+ hours per week.
- Hours: 4:30 p.m. – 2:30 a.m.
- Highly competitive base pay.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance programs.
- 401(k) with matching.
- Health and wellness programs.
- Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- One to three years related experience preferred, or post-secondary training.
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), class A with Air Brakes endorsement strongly preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to supply own tools.
- Must be at least 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass post-offer employment drug testing, medical exams, and physical agilities testing.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Must be able to lift 100-pounds repetitively and overhead.
- Must be able to climb and dismount from a high vehicle cab throughout shift.
- May be occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat.
- May be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.