Search for Jobs:
Project Coordinator Johnston, IA
Eick & Day Construction, LLC
Locally-owned general contractor with experience in commercial, industrial, educational, health care, and religious projects of any size. We also provide construction management and budgeting services.
Eick & Day Construction is looking for a full-time Construction Project Coordinator in our Johnston office. Construction Project Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing projects from estimating to close out. As a Coordinator, you will assist Project Managers and Superintendents with planning, executing, monitoring, and reporting on commercial construction projects. Work hours are somewhat flexible, but primarily Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm.
· Work closely with project managers to create comprehensive action plans concerning field issues, resources, budgets, and schedules for projects
· Reviewing plans and specifications in order to become familiar with the project requirements
· Preparing reports and meeting agendas/minutes
· Attend regular meetings with the project team for planning and to assess progress
· Manage project-related paperwork by ensuring all necessary materials are current, properly filed and stored
· Review project budgets and update periodically
· Assist in the negotiating, writing and coordination of subcontracts
· Provide quality customer service and follow-up to customers as needed
· Assist with obtaining the appropriate project permits
· Punchlist and close-out coordination efforts
· Other duties as assigned
· 401(k) and matching
· Health, dental, and vision insurance
· Vacation and holiday pay
· Performance-based bonuses
Ideal candidate would have 2+ years of experience in construction or similar field. College-level degree not required, but beneficial. Procore experience a plus.
Skills and qualifications:
· Understanding of construction procedures
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Document management and ability to use project management tools
· Fluent in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook
· Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
· Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
· Time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment
· Capability to work in a fast-paced environment
Travel to projects within a 50 mile radius rarely.