Search for Jobs:
Automation Technician 2 Ankeny, IA
Automation Technician 2
Baker Group, the Midwest’s leading provider of critical building infrastructure systems, is expanding its team of more than 1100 dedicated professionals. Headquartered in Ankeny, Iowa, Baker Group is the recognized leader in developing and deploying a variety of systems for commercial and industrial clients. With special expertise in Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing, Piping, Electrical, Sheet Metal, Automation, Access Control, Security Cameras, Parking Revenue Control, Fire Alarm design and 24/7/365 Service, our team includes the breadth of skills required in the construction of highly technical, special-use buildings like hospitals, educational facilities, corporate office buildings, data centers, industrial facilities and research laboratories. To learn more about our company and our career opportunities, please visit www.thebakergroup.com.
Do you care about people and possess a passion for service? Do you love what you do and leap at the opportunity to solve complex challenges with equal parts creativity and teamwork? Are you mentally tough and excited by the prospect of exceeding expectations? Do you proudly take ownership in your work in a way that pushes you to partner with leadership to accomplish long-term goals and move your organization forward? If your answer to these questions is a resounding “Yes!” we want to visit with you about a career at the Baker Group.
Provide technical start-up, checkout and programming for Building Automation and Control Systems. Maintain and grow the “Customer for Life” concept for existing and new customers. Performs related work as required.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Start-up of Microprocessor based control components including DDC controllers, sensors, actuators, transducers, and associated components
- Point-to-point checkout of wiring and components for proper grounding, polarity, communication and power
- Set up and calibration of input and output devices such as temperature sensors, pressure transducers, etc.
- Uploading, downloading, and modification of control software and programs
- Perform BACnet networking functions such as setting up IP addresses, subnet masks, MAC addresses and instance numbers
- Create and troubleshoot BACnet and Modbus networks
- Identify and troubleshoot HVAC and Electrical systems
- Map control points into supervisory controller and add alarms and history extensions to supervisory controller points
- Map control points into graphical front end and link points to graphics
- Create Automation System graphics and dashboards
- Understand construction schedules and manage QA/QC checklists and commissioning logs
- Ability to interpret HVAC Sequence Of Operations (SOO) and apply to DDC program logic
- Mentor, training, and oversee Automation Technician I
- Lead small to medium size projects unsupervised
At any given time, may be exposed to:
• Typical construction site and/or industrial site risks and environment
Equipment / Tools:
- Laptop PC
- Electronic Multimeter
- RS-485 and RS-232 Serial Adapters
- Hand tools/Light power tools
- Product Manufacturer Software
- Ladders and Lifts
- Computer systems: Windows, Linux, Command Line
Baker Group offers a competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment. Wage is dependent on experience.
Baker Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
All positions are contingent upon successfully completing a drug test.
*Care About People* *Love What We Do* *Mentally Tough* *Own It*
Minimum Education & Experience Required to Perform Essential Functions:
• 3-5 years of Automation related field experience
• Associates in Electronic, Technology, or Automation related field or equivalent on the job experience
Mental & Physical Competencies Required to Perform Essential Functions:
- Ability to perform all necessary duties unsupervised
- Knowledge of common Windows Office applications
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL or other database applications preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Ethernet and serial network communication formats and hardware configurations
- Understanding of basic process controls (i.e. PID control loops, motor control, commissioning of digital and analog measurement devices)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written
- Ability to take direction and full fill commitments
- Value and support company mission and culture
- Display honesty, integrity, sound reasoning, good judgment/values, and lead by example, all while maintaining strong internal and external relationships at all levels
- Understanding of construction site safety and display a high awareness of your surroundings
- Effectively prioritize and balance the “big picture” and immediate responsibilities
- Ability to listen effectively, value the opinions of others and acknowledge contributions of others
- Ability to communicate and work well with others specifically but not limited to our electrical team members and project management staff at all levels
- Effectively train, mentor, and delegate work tasks to lower-level Automation Technicians
- Ability to effectively work with your project team members to resolve issues promptly