Search for Jobs:
Project Superintendent Waterloo, IA
Cardinal Construction Inc.
$commensurate with experience
As the current operating entity of a general contracting firm dating to 1895, Cardinal Construction, Inc. retains its status as a full-service contractor with offerings that run the gamut from competitive hard bid, to negotiated GMP, to design-build, and on through to construction management. Serving clients throughout northeast and eastern Iowa, Cardinal specializes in industrial, institutional, and commercial construction.
Summary and Overall Objectives of the Position
The Project Superintendent’s responsibility is to profitably supervise the field construction of a project and to complete the work safely, on schedule, within budget, and to the quality of workmanship specified. The Project Superintendent is a leader in creating a positive environment on the jobsite to foster continuous learning and improvement. The Project Superintendent is also responsible for assisting field team members in their continued development through mentoring and on-the-job teaching and training.
· Arrive on time to assigned jobsite
· Manage the day-to-day field activities of a jobsite to ensure project milestone dates and overall schedule is met. Schedule labor, equipment, subcontractors, and materials accordingly
· Create daily reports to document jobsite conditions (weather, work performed, subcontractors on site, jobsite visitors, etc.).
· Communicate regularly via phone, email, and in-person with all project team members (both internal and external) regarding materials, site needs, RFI’s, ASI’s, Submittals, etc.
· Read and discern project documents including blueprints and communicate pertinent information to field team members.
· Take part in scheduled project/ jobsite meetings
· Delegate tasks to Cardinal Construction field staff team members, based upon their skills and experience. Demonstrate tasks when necessary.
· Coordinate the work of multiple subcontractors on jobsite. Verify work is completed per contract scope and to specification.
· Manage resources, tools, and equipment on assigned jobsite
· Maintain a clean and organized jobsite
· Maintain and comply with federal and state laws, and company safety policies, procedures, and standards
· Coordinate required inspections in conjunction with Project Manager
· Identify and complete punch list items in a timely manner
· Maintain records for as-built drawings
· Utilize HH2 Remote Payroll to record employee time for weekly payroll
· Deliver appropriate disciplinary measures when appropriate, per company policies and procedures.
· Perform other duties as assigned
Individuals in this role must be able to:
· Demonstrate company core values of Positivity, Integrity, Teamwork, Continuous Improvement, and Personal Accountability
· Provide direction and resolve issues and/or disputes among all project stakeholders
· Identify incomplete or incorrect work in place
· Utilize a computer and/or cellphone for communications
· Have advanced knowledge of and skill in blueprint reading
· Maintain the confidentiality of information that may be imparted by employees and clients
· Consistently show ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities independently
Cardinal Construction was founded in 1895. We are an employee-owned company, dedicated to creating a positive experience for our Clients through integrity, service and exceptional workmanship. We treat all members of our team fairly and are committed to continuous improvement at all levels.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to:
Angie Joerger, Human Resource Manager
We offer an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Healthcare Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Plan
- 401k Plan
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Paid Training
- Quarterly Staff Social Events
Required Education and Experience
· Minimum of three (3) years’ commercial construction supervision experience on projects with a construction budget of $1 million or higher.
· OSHA 30 Hour Certification.
· CPR/AED/First Aid Certification.
Preferred Education and Experience
· Bachelor or Associate degree from an accredited college or university in construction management or related field.
· Additional management skills training.
· Experience utilizing HH2 Remote Payroll.
The individual in this position must:
- Maintain the confidentiality of information that may be imparted by clients.
- Demonstrate company core values of Positivity, Integrity, Teamwork, Continuous Improvement, and Personal Accountability.
A valid driver’s license is required for this position.
Minimal travel is expected for this position, however, may be necessary depending on jobsite locations. Travel by motor vehicle to jobsites is required. Any travel will take place primarily in the state of Iowa and will typically involve same day travel only. Overnight travel will be infrequent.