Search for Jobs:
Electrical Quality Control Personnel - Various Levels Des Moines, IA
The Weitz Company
Electrical Quality Control Personnel - Various Levels
Des Moines, IA
$Negotiated Upon Hire
Our global construction group is comprised of Orascom Construction subsidiaries, The Weitz Company, Contrack Watts Inc., and Watts Constructors. Collectively, we specialize in Commercial, Federal, and Industrial construction projects with a best-in-class Supply Chain segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. That’s why we provide team members a career (not just a job), supported by learning and development opportunities, and a positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company’s culture.
Our Company views employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. We are committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that inspires, motivates, and continuously improves. Community involvement, employee empowerment, and strong relationships makes The Weitz Company a great place to work.
EPI Power is currently seeking experienced Quality Control Inspectors and Quality Control Managers to be located on data center projects in Des Moines, IA.
Quality Control Inspector:
The Quality Control Inspector is responsible for ensuring construction activities meet project specific codes, standards and specifications by planning, inspecting, documenting and organizing tasks to promote efficiencies on an assigned construction project site. This role examines ongoing work on the project site to monitor alignment with company and client expectations, and remedy identified issues. The Quality Control Inspector typically reports to the Project Manager or Quality Control Manager.
What You'll Do Everyday:
- Understand project scope and quality requirements, contract documents, site drawings, manufacturer product data/manuals and company quality plan and standards; ensure project is constructed accordingly
- Schedule, conduct and evaluate various site inspections, quality monitoring and surveillance of daily and upcoming work (i.e. first work, follow up, regulatory agency, underground utility, concrete pour, material, off-site, final rough-in)
- Prepare inspection and test plans; document testing, measurements, inspection reports and other quality reports; maintain necessary quality-related files and compile necessary documents for project turnover to owner
- Identify and report non-conforming work; track on non-conformance log; assist with issuing related reports
- Oversee development and review of daily construction reports, field observation reports, punch lists, quality reports and as-built drawings
- Stay abreast of federal, industry and company standards; educate project teams of compliance requirements and changes
- Partner with project safety team to determine hazards and identify needs or processes to remedy; proactively eliminate or minimize identified hazards
- Ensure inspections, observations and punch list are documented and stored in accordance to company policy
- Monitor project site adherence to company quality plan and standards; propose updates or modifications to management for review
- Utilize virtual and physical mock-ups to establish quality standards and identify lean processes to improve field productivity
- Establish and maintain working relationships with owners, architects, subcontractors, vendors and internal team members to ensure company quality plan is adhered to
- Perform other duties as assigned
Quality Control Manager:
The Quality Control Manager is responsible for providing direction and leadership on Mission Critical/Data Center projects. The Quality Control Manager is responsible for the implementation and management of the project Quality Control Program.
- Oversee the inspection process during commissioning to ensure work is delivered in a timely manner, meeting all customer expectations and specifications.
- Direct and handle the commissioning process on the project inclusive of the startup plan, commissioning schedule and functional testing.
- Lead all activities required in the project closeout inclusive of operations and maintenance manuals, model turn over, and training.
- Function as the main point of contact with the owner and on-site representative.
- Resolve site commissioning issues and concerns that the customer may have.
- Participate in factory witness testing as applicable.
- Manage and implement the QC Program.
- Ensure testing is performed and provide QC certifications and documentation required.
- Managing and Coordinating the three phases of control and documentation performed by testing laboratory personnel and any other inspection and testing personnel required.
- Organize mutual understanding meeting with owner and subcontractors.
- Conduct weekly QC meetings with owner and project team. Participate in weekly subcontractor meeting with project team.
- Implement methods for monitoring work activities such as three phases of control and daily progress reports to accurately inform project manager and/or project superintendent of current status of work activity.
- Coordinate and participate in pre-installation conferences with subcontractors.
- Coordinate, through intermediate QC personnel, follow-up inspections.
- Document all quality inspections and pre-installation meetings.
- Manage and coordinate QC Specialists, Testing Laboratory personnel, and any other inspection and testing personnel.
- Review submittals for accuracy and compliance with plans and specifications.
- Ensure that shop drawing and submittal review and approval process is effective and efficient.
- Communicate with owner, project manager, superintendent, and subcontractors to collect quality information for improvement and/or quality concerns.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Benefits Package with Tax-Advantaged HSA and FSA offerings
- Employer-Paid Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Products including Critical Illness Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Corporate Wellness Program with Wellness Time Off and Rewards
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
What We're Looking For:
- Education: An industry related bachelor's degree is required. An equivalent combination of education and technical experience in an electrical field may be considered.
- Quality Control Inspector: A minimum of six (6) years of electrical construction-related experience is required; construction field experience is preferred. LEAN principles experience is desirable. OSHA 30 preferred, or the willingness to obtain upon hire. Data center experience is preferred.
- Quality Control Manager: A minimum of ten (10) years of experience overseeing MEP scopes preferably with an electrical contractor; Mission Critical/Data Center commissioning and QC/QA experience.
- Technology: Proficiency in basic computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and Outlook. Employee should have the ability to learn other specific software (i.e. Procore, Bluebeam).
- Skills: A qualified candidate will demonstrate initiative, independent judgment, project management and organizational skills. They should also show strong attention to detail, verbal and written communication, time management, flexibility and problem solving abilities.