Search for Jobs:
Electrical Superintendent - Data Center Des Moines, IA
The Weitz Company
Electrical Superintendent - Data Center
Des Moines, IA
$Negotiated Upon Hire
Our global construction group is comprised of Orascom Construction subsidiaries, The Weitz Company, Contrack Watts Inc., and Watts Constructors. Collectively, we specialize in Commercial, Federal, and Industrial construction projects with a best-in-class Supply Chain segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. That’s why we provide team members a career (not just a job), supported by learning and development opportunities, and a positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company’s culture.
Our Company views employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. We are committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that inspires, motivates, and continuously improves. Community involvement, employee empowerment, and strong relationships makes The Weitz Company a great place to work.
Our Company is currently seeking an experienced Electrical Project Superintendent to be located on a data center project in Des Moines, IA. Candidates must have electrical experience.
What You'll Do Every Day:
- Maintain project safety in accordance with the Company’s Safety Policy
- Develop and update the project schedule
- Prepare two-week look ahead schedules
- Update project schedules utilizing computerized scheduling software
- Assist with the buyout and selection of major subcontractors
- Coordinate the work of the subcontractors’ field forces
- Communicate effectively with owners, designers and engineers
- Maintain accurate cost reports
- Assemble and prepare work packages
- Manage, organize and direct crews in the field
- Perform lead supervision role
- Manage, track and be accountable for productivity in the field
- Coordinate with other contractors on the project
- Report to the lead project superintendent
- Adhere to all company policies, standards, and procedures
- Other duties and projects as assigned
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Benefits Package with Tax-Advantaged HSA and FSA offerings
- Employer-Paid Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Products including Critical Illness Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Corporate Wellness Program with Wellness Time Off and Rewards
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
What We're Looking For:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each previously stated duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability necessary to succeed in this role.
- Education: A High School Diploma is required.
- Experience: A minimum of five (5) years of commercial construction experience in all facets of the project. Must also have experience with safety, preconstruction, staff development, and retention and customer interaction.
- Skills: Ability to read and interpret construction documents, knowledge of construction methods and materials, strong team leadership skills and ability to communicate are all required skills. Candidate must also have time management and project organizational skills to be successful in this role.
- Technology: Candidate should have experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Apple products (iPhone & iPad), and have experience with or ability to learn specific software. Training will be provided on company standards.