Search for Jobs:
Project Engineer - Commercial Construction Des Moines, IA
The Weitz Company
Project Engineer - Commercial Construction
Des Moines, IA
Our global construction group is comprised of Orascom Construction subsidiaries, The Weitz Company, Contrack Watts Inc., and Watts Constructors. Collectively, we specialize in Commercial, Federal, and Industrial construction projects with a best-in-class Supply Chain segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. That’s why we provide team members a career (not just a job), supported by learning and development opportunities, and a positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company’s culture.
Our Company views employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. We are committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that inspires, motivates, and continuously improves. Community involvement, employee empowerment, and strong relationships makes The Weitz Company a great place to work.
We are currently accepting applications for a Project Engineer to join our Iowa Commercial team.
What You’ll Do Every Day:
- Support the business unit safety program.
- Assist with the preparation of the project safety plan.
- Participate in cost reporting and updating.
- Obtain contract drawings, specifications, and other pertinent information necessary for the completion of the project and distribute copies to the project manager, superintendent, material suppliers, and subcontractors as needed.
- Prepare overall project schedule with input from the project superintendent and the project manager and update the schedule monthly.
- Request, receive, and tabulate bids as directed.
- Negotiate assigned subcontracts, purchase orders, and draft agreements.
- Obtain, review, approve, and process in a timely manner, all shop drawings and product submittals. Stay abreast of delivery dates and keep the project manager and superintendent informed of changes that affect the project schedule.
- Review project documents for any changes that save money or improve the overall quality of the project.
- Assist with preparation of periodic owner status reports as may be required for the project.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
The Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment (minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws). The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace and background checks are required if applicable. Click here to review our Privacy Notice.
- Competitive Pay
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Benefits Package with Tax-Advantaged HSA and FSA offerings
- Employer-Paid Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Products including: Pet Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Corporate Wellness Program with Wellness Time Off and Rewards
A minimum of two years of project engineering experience. A Candidate must have extensive cosntruction experience in all facets of the project.
- Education: A high school diploma is required. An Industry related college degree is preferred.
- Experience: 2 years of Project Engineering experience. Candidate must have extensive construction experience in all facets of the project.
- Skills: Good engineering and construction management skills are important. Individual must have good communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with the owner, architect, and The Weitz Company project team. A high level of integrity is required. Good time management and project organization skills are essential. Microsoft Office proficiency is important.
- Technology: Must be proficient in basic computer software programs such as Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Work, PowerPoint, Excel), and must be able to learn project management software (JDE, Procore, Asta, Bluebeam, etc.).