Search for Jobs:
Journeyman Electrician Carlisle, IA
Murphy Tower Service LLC
$30-40 per hour
Murphy Electric is a licensed, full-service electrical team operating across Iowa. Our experienced electricians are trained to plan and install electrical systems for manufacturing plants, production facilities and new construction in commercial buildings, provide full-service outside plant (OSP) utility installation and offer end-to-end electrical services for complex and sensitive machinery within industrial facilities. We provide infrared electrical inspections and testing, plan backup power systems and update lighting from fluorescent to LED. We also add VFD and can install EVC stations.
Murphy Tower Service, LLC is one of the Midwest’s leading providers of wireless and wireline construction services. Each of our divisions – Murphy Tower Service, Murphy Network, Murphy Communications and Murphy Electric – offers high-quality, turnkey solutions, from site construction to final testing and maintenance. Our focus on safety, integrity, quality and expertise offers a level of professionalism unique to the industry. From underground foundation work to the top of the tower, Murphy Tower Service provides unmatched quality and comprehensive services for our customers. Our diversely skilled team and their commitment to exceeding our customers’ expectations helps us manage numerous single-site projects on short deadlines, always getting the job done right the first time.
As a family-owned and operated business, we treat every team member as one of our own. We offer competitive pay and comprehensive benefits for dedicated workers who want a long, successful career, not simply a job. While a spirit of adventure is in our DNA, safety is our number-one priority. We take extra care to make sure our people return home safely after a project, and even to spend weekends with their families – so we consider that when scheduling projects and crews. Simply put, Murphy employees are our greatest assets. We work hard to be a company that customers are proud to work with and employees are proud to work for.
Employees can expect a unique company culture that includes:
· Competitive salary and top-tier benefits
· Promotion opportunities
· Continuing education and training through paid-to-learn programs
· Wellness programs covering physical, mental and financial health
The Journeyman Electrician is responsible for installing and repairing wiring, electrical fixtures, power equipment, and components of machinery and equipment following electrical code, manuals, specifications, schematics, and blueprints within a communications location as defined by the client’s scope of work or engineering specifications. This is a full-time, hourly (non-exempt) position with supervisory responsibilities to a electrical apprentice if applicable. This is not a climbing position.
- Install and repair wiring, electrical fixtures, power equipment, and components of machinery and equipment following electrical code, manuals, specifications, schematics, and blueprints.
- Install and repair control and distribution apparatus, including relays, switches, thermostats, circuit-breaker panels, etc.
- Install and connect power supply wiring, cables, conduit, and electrical apparatus for equipment in new and existing facilities following diagrams, schematics, or blueprints
- Diagnose and resolve problems in electrical circuits, systems, and equipment using testing instruments and equipment.
- Test continuity of circuits to ensure compatibility and safety of components using testing instruments.
- Measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble, and install electrical conduit using rulers, measuring devices, hand tools, pipe threader, and conduit bender.
- Receive and complete work orders.
- Select material and hardware and make time and materials estimates.
- Maintain accurate records on material and labor used.
- Maintain inventory of company-owned tools, equipment, and materials.
- Inspect jobs upon completion and ensure areas are clean.
- Work with various teams to complete projects.
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment.
- Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Ensure that equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- The Supervisor or his/her designee may assign other duties and accountabilities limited to those consistent with the applicable job function and pay grade.
- Master Electrician
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Short and Long term disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Seven paid holidays
- Weekly Direct Deposit
- Potential Performance Bonuses
- Education/Certification: Valid Iowa Class A Journey Electricians License and valid Iowa driver’s license
- Knowledge of electrical circuits and wiring and operating principles of motors
- Knowledge of local electrical codes
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and written reference material Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems Ability to use hand and power tools
- Five years’ experience in electrical field