Search for Jobs:
Jobsite Superintendent Cedar Rapids, IA
Rinderknecht Associates Inc.
Cedar Rapids, IA
Rinderknecht Associates is a commercial general contractor operating in eastern Iowa that offers construction management, design build, negotiated and hard bid services. Our portfolio includes a wide variety of projects including office buildings, data centers, colleges, churches, healthcare, and correctional facilities.
Superintendent Job Responsibilities
- Manage and coordinate field personnel on a daily basis
- Read and understand complex construction documents
- Review trade contractor shop drawings and use for coordination with other trades
- Coordinate and manage the work of subcontractors
- Understand labor and material reports and utilize provided cost codes
- Understand scheduling of subcontractors and delivery of materials
- Read/understand/implement responsibilities of subcontracts and purchase orders
- Assist in and contribute to all required jobsite inspections (City/State/AHJ/OSHA/SWPPP)
- Manage tool and equipment inventory on jobsite
- Create and maintain detailed 5-week look a-head-schedules in Excel format
- Demonstrate the ability to provide alternatives and creativity to fellow workers
- Understand how to build in an efficient/effective manner
- Ability to manage multiple subcontractors on site
- Ability to perform layout with electronic devices
- Promote Rinderknecht Associates, Inc. internally and externally
- Interact with the entire Project Team (Owner, Architect, Engineers, Subcontractors, Inspectors, Vendors, etc.)
- Professionally discuss project issues and present possible remedies
- Articulate well to others
- Possess computer skills such as Excel, e-mail and warehouse manager
- Promote a culture of safety at all levels of the organization
- Ensure compliance with company policies, state and federal laws, OSHA, building codes, non-discrimination requirements, etc.
- Has strong awareness of safety on jobsite and will empower others to call out any violations
- Keep safety in mind during all phases of the project for crew members, subcontractors and visitors
- Ensure that jobsite is always kept in a clean and organized manner
Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Read and understands drawings and specifications.
- Perform “1st Installation Verifications” and possesses knowledge of “how to build” project from multiple trade standpoint.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date As-Builts
- Lead Punchlist efforts
- Work with project manager to review design issues for clarification by design team
- Manage and coordinates field personnel on a daily basis
- Mentor project team
- Attend all Superintendent Meetings
- Display a positive attitude toward Rinderknecht Associates in all work dealings.
- Assist in establishing initial site logistics plan, construction phasing and overall project schedule
- Advances learning through company-paid extended training and education courses to gain greater experience to achieve job objectives more effectively and efficiently.
Full time salaried position
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Ability to see the big picture
- Skill in assessing issues and making decisions and communicating/implementing the decisions quickly
- Knowledge of construction methods and engineering techniques as it relates to the product
- Skill in having the vision to see the project through completion
- Ability to resolve problems through conflict resolution and critical thinking
- Knowledge of product costs, labor costs and associated time frame essential to developing cost effective project budgets
- Ability to remain calm and collected during peak periods of jobsite activities
- Willingness to periodically work extended hours in order to do what’s best for the project
- Ability to use written and verbal communication effectively
- Ability to recognize when assistance is needed
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, area, circumference and volume
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry