Search for Jobs:
Field Mechanic-Heavy Equipment Des Moines, IA
Field Mechanic-Heavy Equipment
Des Moines, IA
Specialize in demolition, heavy highway and commercial grading.
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay: Competitive Wages - Union Scale plus Union Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental), Pension PlanOther: Advancement Opportunities, Boot Reimbursement, Safe/ Clean/ Friendly Environment, Specialty tools
Elder Corporation is a family-owned business and values long-term employee relationships. We specialize in massive earthmoving and complex underground utility projects to heavy duty demolition work, and are trusted by thousands of Midwest customers to be their site development partner. Although we require experienced applicants for some positions, we are always looking for employees who are willing to be flexible and learn new skills. To learn more about Elder Corporation, visit our website at www.eldercorp.com.
All prospective candidates must pass a pre-employment physical, drug test, and background check.
Elder Corporation is looking for a Heavy Equipment Mechanic. Mechanic positions are considered Safety Sensitive positions and all applicable to DOT and FMCA regulations.
- Capable of performing a variety of skilled duties which may involve inspection, diagnosis, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair on heavy equipment in the field.
- Maintain and update equipment records on a computer (Program specific training will be provided)
- Provide own tools and possess ability to safely and effectively use them (Specialty tools will be provided)
- Dependable and willing to report to work on time
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Basic iPhone skills (Ability to operate phone calls and enter data)
- Ability to work independently with little instruction
- Ability to work extended hours during the construction season
- Strong work ethic
- 3 years mechanic experience, preferred on CAT & John Deere heavy equipment
- Class A Drivers License
- Tanker Endorsements
Elder Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.