Search for Jobs:
Commercial Furniture Installer Des Moines, IA
Commercial Furniture Installer
Des Moines, IA
Pigott is a MillerKnoll Certified Dealer. We believe in creating spaces that inspire people. When people are inspired by place, anything is possible.
We are a Digital Component Construction Company combining proven construction methods with next-gen technology to build beautiful, high-performing and cost-effective environments. We see a future for interior construction that's not only better for people, but it’s also better for the planet.
| Falkbuilt, Iowa |
Interested in inspiring lives? Join our team!
For over 75 years Pigott has been creating inspiring spaces for people to do their best work. Our team works together for one common core purpose to elevate the human experience by inspiring lives one space at a time. If you want to belong to a team that does that every day, Pigott is a great fit for you.
We work with commercial clients in Iowa and South Dakota who are curious about leveraging space to realize their organization's full potential. If you have experience working with this type of client - or want that experience - this role will be a great fit for you.
You will love it here if you:
Do the right thing.
We operate with honesty and integrity and are passionate about doing the right thing for our team members, our clients, our vendor partners, and our community.
Create exceptional experiences.
We go the extra mile to create exceptional experiences for all while cultivating a culture that brings out the best in each member of our organization.
Choose your voice.
We encourage Pigott team members to choose to see what's possible, not what's in our way while practicing gratitude and kindness to all.
Lead the way.
We empower people to lead and encourage a culture of ownership and accountability. We bring knowledge and expertise to anticipate, guide, and solve.
Installs and/or upgrades all product lines of office furniture. Must demonstrate the ability to work efficiently and take direction from senior installation personnel. Must possess the ability to use power tools and demonstrate a working knowledge of product handling, staging, and assembly of HMI and ancillary furniture lines. Must demonstrate dedicated commitment to departmental mandates and goals. Must possess the ability to read or decipher furniture blueprints and drawings.
Position Accountabilities & Performance Expectations:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Unloads product from trucks and stages as required.
- Inspects and documents product for damage and quality before installation or delivery.
- Loads and secures product on trucks as required.
- Understands the scope of the entire project and/or any special conditions or requirements as explained by lead installation personnel.
- Reviews installation plans with senior installation personnel as required.
- With direction from lead or senior installation personnel, interfaces with clients and/or other contractors as required.
- Conducts preliminary walk-through with the lead installer before customer walk-through.
- Provides own dependable transportation to job site or office as required and provides own tools necessary to perform the job.
- Takes direction as required from senior installation personnel; monitors own work to ensure quality performance and results consistent with company mandates.
- Confers with lead installation personnel on product handling or installation issues.
- Performs other duties, as assigned by senior installation personnel, as required.
Corporate Accountabilities & Performance Expectations:
- Provide prompt, courteous, and exemplary service to all customers, both external and internal, following the corporate vision and core values of Pigott.
- Demonstrate courtesy and professionalism, consistently providing a timely response to every customer service inquiry.
- Support Pigott's commitment to quality by developing and maintaining position-specific procedures, process instructions, and/or forms to better serve the company and customers as necessary.
- Adhere to all guidelines as outlined in the Pigott Team Member Handbook.
- Accept responsibility for personal and professional development.
- Perform additional responsibilities at the request of the manager or the Pigott Leadership team.
- Demonstrate cooperation and teamwork in accomplishing the goals and objectives of the department.
- Adhere to Pigott corporate branding standards.
- Maintain confidentiality of business operations on behalf of Pigott and all clients.
Pigott, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Company will consider reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and encourage prospective team members and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the Company.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive Compensation
- Competitive Health Insurance (Wellmark)
- 401K Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Flex Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Growth Opportunities
- Fun Company Culture
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays and PTO
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2-3 years of related experience and/or training, including systems furniture installation.
- Customer Service experience preferred.
- Ability to speak, understand and read English, including safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Work often requires moderate physical effort and the use of motor skills requiring manual dexterity. While performing duties of this job, the employee will regularly sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and crouch. A team member may lift, lower, and carry products up to a maximum of 64 pounds by hand. Require physical effort associated with using the personal computer. Must be able to read and hear verbal instructions or through a headset.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee may operate basic warehouse equipment. Using proper safety procedures will eliminate any potential hazards. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Some travel is required.