Search for Jobs:
Project Estimator Urbandale, IA
Premier Commercial Services
$Will depend on experience
Working closely with owners, architects & trade partners, Premier Commercial Services manage & add value throughout the construction process. We have significant experience in pre-construction, scheduling & value engineering that contributes to our success for each & every project. With this experience comes outstanding vendor relationships & loyalty, which offers another value-add for our customers. Additionally, PCS is uniquely equipped to satisfy the sophisticated, diverse requirements of retail tenants.
· Estimate Development and Document Analysis:
- Develop a personal process to learn all aspects of a project (plans, specifications, reports, etc.)
- Read and develop an understanding of all technical plans, specifications and related documents.
- Develop an understanding of the estimating software system and utilize company standards to produce reliable, complete, consistent, and well-documented quantity survey in a timely manner, as directed.
- Assist in the development of complete project quantities on incomplete plans and specifications, as directed.
- Assist in conducting organized sub and vendor solicitation as directed. Accurately communicate the required scope of work. Ensure complete trade coverage is obtained and advise project lead of potential solicitation shortfalls.
- Develop the ability to produce a scope of work for subcontractor solicitation.
- Document Management:
- Develop an understanding of the process for maintaining a record set of estimating documents including all addenda, changes, and clarifications.
- Utilize the established filing system to gather project information.
- Estimate Pricing and Analysis:
- Develop an understanding of the preparation of bid-day spreadsheets and detailed proposal tabulation sheets (Bid Tickets), including any custom client cost breakdown/schedule of values.
- Assist in the review of trade proposals and scope letters as received to identify gaps in the scope of work.
- Develop a solid understanding of how subcontractor bonding insurance, insurance, performance bonds, permits, taxes, LIT, labor burdens, escalation, and contingency may impact project costs.
- Develop an understanding of unit pricing.
- Estimate Reporting:
- Assist in preparing the final estimate for rollover to the job cost accounting system.
- Assist in preparing the appropriate documentation for the closure document, which may include area analysis report, parameter report, parameter comparison report, value analysis report, qualifications/clarifications, and documents list.
Value Analysis Report Process:
- Assist in the analysis of cost alternatives. Transmit requests for cost analysis input to subcontractors as applicable. Gather subcontractor responses and
- provide quantity review as directed.
- History Management:
- Assist in the preparation of the completed project estimate for inclusion in the historical cost database structure.
- Gather quantities or cost information for subcontractor cost history and labor productivity history.
Previous experience in a construction, estimating, or related field is preferred.
This position requires solid math and analytical skills. Independent judgement, excellent organizational skills, the ability to multi-task, and successfully work within deadlines are necessary. Attention to detail, accuracy, and the ability to quickly learn new applications are important for success in this position.