Search for Jobs:
Commercial Interior Designer Des Moines, IA
Commercial Interior Designer
Des Moines, IA
Pigott is a MillerKnoll Certified Dealer. We believe in creating spaces that inspire people. When people are inspired by place, anything is possible.
We are a Digital Component Construction Company combining proven construction methods with next-gen technology to build beautiful, high-performing and cost-effective environments. We see a future for interior construction that's not only better for people, but it’s also better for the planet.
| Falkbuilt, Iowa |
Interested in inspiring lives? Join our Design team!
For over 75 years Pigott has been creating inspiring spaces for people to do their best work. Our team works together for one common core purpose to elevate the human experience by inspiring lives one space at a time. If you want to belong to a team that does that every day, Pigott is a great fit for you.
We work with commercial clients in Iowa and South Dakota who are curious about leveraging space to realize their organization's full potential. If you have experience working with this type of client - or want that experience - this role will be a great fit for you.
You will love it here if you:
Do the right thing.
We operate with honesty and integrity and are passionate about doing the right thing for our team members, our clients, our vendor partners, and our community.
Create exceptional experiences.
We go the extra mile to create exceptional experiences for all while cultivating a culture that brings out the best in each member of our organization.
Choose your voice.
We encourage Pigott team members to choose to see what's possible, not what's in our way while practicing gratitude and kindness to all.
Lead the way.
We empower people to lead and encourage a culture of ownership and accountability. We bring knowledge and expertise to anticipate, guide, and solve.
The Commercial Interior Designer is responsible for providing quality design work to clients promptly, and within budget, to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction; Design work may include, but not be limited to, projects that include MillerKnoll furnishings and MillerKnoll Healthcare Furnishings.
Position Accountabilities & Performance Expectations:
- Attends initial client meetings with a salesperson to gather programming data.
- Develops layouts, specifications, and finish selections and check all plans for design integrity, completeness, and compliance with code & ADA requirements.
- Works with other designers as appropriate to develop layouts and specifications, fee proposals, and cost estimates.
- Reviews all plans for design integrity, completeness, and compliance with requirements.
- Maintains contact with clients during critical phases of each job, including site visits as appropriate.
- Participates in reviewing the work of all outside contractors.
- Conducts post-occupancy evaluation and punch list review.
- Maintains current knowledge of the industry, products, methods, promotional strategies, and technology as well as trends within the industry.
- Markets to prospective clients individually or jointly; assists in the development of sales strategy as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Pigott is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Company will consider reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and encourage prospective team members and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the Company.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive Compensation
- Competitive Health Insurance (Wellmark)
- 401K Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Flex Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Growth Opportunities
- Fun Company Culture
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays and PTO
- BS, BA, or BFA degree in interior design, architecture, or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience with interior design, space planning, facility planning, architectural drafting, AutoCAD, or furniture specification is preferred.
- Strong leadership skills, attention to detail, and strong organizational skills are required.
- These criteria will be used by the Corporate Design Manager to evaluate performance:
- Maintains a high level of professional and technical knowledge of all related products and processes.
- Understands work procedures, requirements of the job, and its priorities, and makes decisions accordingly.
- Attains necessary interpersonal, relationship-building, and communication skills to effectively interact with a wide range of customer contacts, co-workers, vendors, and contractors.
- Demonstrates commitment to professionalism, integrity, and sound judgment in all business transactions.
- Displays the commitment and mental attitude to promote the overall success of Pigott, Inc., through providing our client(s) with the highest level of customer satisfaction possible.