Search for Jobs:
Estimator Anamosa, IA
$based on experience
Boomerang is a premier site work contractor built on family, integrity and creating opportunities for our team members to grow as we work hand in hand with our clients.
We're trusted to tackle the toughest of infrastructure projects for state, local or private entities. The strong foundation our superior employees and equipment build is why people keep returning to Boomerang.
Can you dig it?
Job Page ContentSummary
This position is responsible for preparing and/or coordinating the preparation of full estimates on large and complex projects as required by client’s documents and provide complete conceptual and total bid pricing.
Top Wages, Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Holidays, PTO, Life Insurance, Short- & Long-Term Disability, Team Focused Environment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Review and evaluate requests for estimates.
- Prepare cost analysis and ensure timely completion of estimates.
- Review estimates and revisions for completeness and accuracy.
- Obtain quotes for materials from subcontractors.
- Create an estimate where predetermined standard(s) are not available.
- Develop and maintain resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, and government requirements.
- Promote and comply with all company and safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain a professional attitude with owners, inspectors, public, and company personnel.
**MUST PASS PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN**
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience in Microsoft Office, email communications, and electronic bidding
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Proficient at interpreting specifications and reading blueprints
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in construction science/construction management.
- Minimum of five (5) experience in construction project management or Estimating Heavy Highway
- Minimum of two (2) years related experience in excavation and underground utility construction projects.
- Experience with Estimating software and Agtek software
AAP/EEO Statement – Women & Minorities Encouraged to Apply.
Boomerang Corp. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran, or another protected group status.