Search for Jobs:
Grimes Asphalt Paving Corp. Project Manager Des Moines, IA
Grimes Asphalt Paving Corp. Project Manager
Des Moines, IA
$60,000 - $80,000
The Rasmussen Group is an Iowa-based company with over a century of heavy construction experience and expertise. Based in Des Moines, Iowa, The Rasmussen Group represents a variety of multi-faceted design-build heavy construction companies. With companies specializing in bridge construction, marine contracts, concrete and asphalt supply, paving, heavy hauling, dump trucks, crane operations, and fabricating steel, The Rasmussen Group can provide excellent, complete customer service with one phone call. Our companies ensures for an on-time, safe, professional build that will keep your project on budget and provide for its successful completion.
The Project Manager, directs, and coordinates the completion of projects. This role participates in the conceptual development of a project and oversees its organization, scheduling, and implementation, so that a project can be completed on time and within budget. In addition, the Project Manager evaluates sites, creates proposals, tracks, participates with client interactions, and maintains the project database. This role works with sales and communicates with company management to supervise projects and maintain the integrity of projects.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Analyzes blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to assist in the preparation of time, cost, materials, and labor estimates for all phases of project.
- Manages project objectives, timelines, budgets, financials, and ensures quality control plans are in place for all jobs and plans work accordingly.
- Assesses and controls risk of work proposed and to complete.
- Communicates proactively with sales, scheduling, management, crews, subcontractors, and customers per company expectations; provides onsite direction as needed. Responds to all inquiries on a timely basis.
- Identifies, manages, and controls changes on assigned jobs, including develops change orders.
- Maintains and enforces safe work environments, enforces procedures, standards, rules, and regulations.
- Highly competitive base pay.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance programs.
- Group retirement savings program.
- Health and wellness programs.
- PTO and holiday
- Previous asphalt paving experience preferred.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Familiarity with quality, health, and safety standards.
- Solid understanding of construction procedures, material, and project management principles.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience; preferably in construction management.
- Valid Driver's License and good driving record required.
- Must exhibit company's mission and goals.
- Must have safe work record.
- Excellent math and geometry skills.
- Knowledgeable in and proven abilities with estimating in a paving or construction type environment viewed as a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have ability to interact with external and internal customers and partners in a fast pace, multitasking environment, working independently with a high degree of problem solving.
- Proficiency in use of Excel and experience with an estimating package preferred.
- Must be professional, cooperative, positive, and courteous in manner and presentation.
- Work effectively under time and scheduling deadlines.
- Able to plan, coordinate, manage and follow up in all areas of responsibility.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Must be at least 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass post-offer employment drug testing, medical exams, and physical agilities testing.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers and/or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be capable of driving vehicles in off-road conditions for extended periods.
- Does not have any allergic reactions to concrete or asphalt, its raw materials, ingredients, and additives, gasoline, diesel fuels, lubricants, solvents, or cleaning chemicals.
- Requires physical exertion, standing, walking, and/or climbing in various climates and ground conditions, including temperature extremes, rain, wind, and snow for extended lengths of time.
- Must withstand continuous exposures to wind, dust, fumes, and noxious odors.
- Must possess unrestricted mobility to twist, turn, bend, and lean in all directions, lookup, down and side to side without hesitation or discomfort.
- Except for conventional corrective aids, must possess normal eyesight, depth of perception, field of vision, normal hearing, quick reaction time, unimpaired eye-hand coordination, and manual dexterity.
- Must possess the strength, mobility, agility, and balance to ascend access ladders and steps, and to maneuver on equipment and vehicles without assistance.
- Must repetitively climb and dismount from a high vehicle cab 50-times a day.
- Must repetitively lift and carry awkwardly shaped objects weighing up to 60-pounds, 50-times a day.
- Must possess enough strength to continuously operate equipment controls and tools weighing up to 20-pounds for uninterrupted periods of up to 1 hour.
- Skeletal, joint and muscle system must withstand continuous impact from driving activities.
- Must be able to walk the plant grounds frequently to inspect materials and ensure proper production equipment is operational.