Search for Jobs:
Foreman Des Moines, IA
Des Moines, IA
$Hourly, based on experience
Seneca Companies is a privately held, family-owned company that has been in business for 50 years. With multiple divisions spanning industries including fuel systems, waste solutions, automotive & commercial equipment, energy solutions and environmental services.
The Seneca team is proud to offer "The Complete Solution" with our distinct divisions. This diversity enables us to serve the needs of an array of industries located throughout the Midwest, Southern and Mountain regions.
Directly supervise and coordinate activities of construction or extraction worker. Construct, erect, install, and repair structures and fixtures of wood, plywood, and wallboard, using carpenter's hand tools and power tools. Cut, shape, and assemble wooden articles or set up and operate a variety of woodworking machines, such as power saws, jointers, and mortisers to surface, cut, or shape lumber or to fabricate parts for wood products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· 15%: Supervise, coordinate, or schedule the activities of construction or extractive workers.
· 15%: Read specifications, such as blueprints, to determine construction requirements or to plan procedures.
· 15%: Inspect work progress, equipment, or construction sites to verify safety or to ensure that specifications are met.
· 15%: Locate, measure, and mark site locations or placement of structures or equipment, using measuring and marking equipment.
· 15%: Coordinate work activities with other construction project activities.
· 15%: Other duties as assigned.
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays (7)
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
· Experience: 4+ years of experience in the field or in a related area.
· Licenses/Certifications: Apprentice Carpenter, Journeyman Carpenter preferred. Requires valid driver's license, state-issued CDL preferred
Up to 75% Travel, Monday- Friday