Search for Jobs:
Electrical Helper Carlisle, IA
Murphy Tower Service LLC
$18-24 per hour
Murphy Electric is a licensed, full-service electrical team operating across Iowa. Our experienced electricians are trained to plan and install electrical systems for manufacturing plants, production facilities and new construction in commercial buildings, provide full-service outside plant (OSP) utility installation and offer end-to-end electrical services for complex and sensitive machinery within industrial facilities. We provide infrared electrical inspections and testing, plan backup power systems and update lighting from fluorescent to LED. We also add VFD and can install EVC stations.
Murphy Tower Service, LLC is one of the Midwest’s leading providers of wireless and wireline construction services. Each of our divisions – Murphy Tower Service, Murphy Network, Murphy Communications and Murphy Electric – offers high-quality, turnkey solutions, from site construction to final testing and maintenance. Our focus on safety, integrity, quality and expertise offers a level of professionalism unique to the industry. From underground foundation work to the top of the tower, Murphy Tower Service provides unmatched quality and comprehensive services for our customers. Our diversely skilled team and their commitment to exceeding our customers’ expectations helps us manage numerous single-site projects on short deadlines, always getting the job done right the first time.
As a family-owned and operated business, we treat every team member as one of our own. We offer competitive pay and comprehensive benefits for dedicated workers who want a long, successful career, not simply a job. While a spirit of adventure is in our DNA, safety is our number-one priority. We take extra care to make sure our people return home safely after a project, and even to spend weekends with their families – so we consider that when scheduling projects and crews. Simply put, Murphy employees are our greatest assets. We work hard to be a company that customers are proud to work with and employees are proud to work for.
Employees can expect a unique company culture that includes:
· Competitive salary and top-tier benefits
· Promotion opportunities
· Continuing education and training through paid-to-learn programs
· Wellness programs covering physical, mental and financial health
Electrical Helper will work under the supervision of an electrician, and will be expected to perform the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities shown below:
- Measure, cut, and bend wire and conduit, using measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Strip insulation from wire ends, using wire stripping pliers, and attach wires to terminals for termination.
- Examine electrical units for loose connections and broken insulation and tighten connections, using hand tools.
- Drill holes and pull or push wiring through openings, using hand and power tools.
- Transport tools, materials, equipment, and supplies to work site by hand, hand truck, or vehicle
- Perform semi-skilled and unskilled laboring duties related to the installation, maintenance and repair of a wide variety of electrical systems and equipment.
- Dig trenches or holes for installation of conduit or supports.
- String transmission lines or cables through ducts or conduits, under the ground, through equipment, or to towers.
- Installs Electrical Circuits, as well as panel, conduit, protecting devices, and switches
- Complies with standards and procedures of industry, and abide by safety rules
- Work with various teams to complete projects.
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment.
- Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Ensure that equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- The Supervisor or his/her designee may assign other duties and accountabilities limited to those consistent with the applicable job function and pay grade.
- Master Electrician
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Short and Long term disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Seven paid holidays
- Weekly Direct Deposit
- Potential Performance Bonuses
- Valid Iowa driver’s license
Multimeter, ohmmeter, and testing equipment; soldering iron; wire puller; pipe bender and threader; hand and power tools (saw, drill, etc.); ladder. Light truck or van.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Continual walking, standing, climbing, stooping, bending, kneeling, reaching, heavy lifting, and
carrying. Frequent travel within Iowa and surrounding states.