Search for Jobs:
Project Superintendent - Commercial Construction Des Moines, IA
The Weitz Company
Project Superintendent - Commercial Construction
Des Moines, IA
Our global construction group is comprised of Orascom Construction subsidiaries, The Weitz Company, Contrack Watts Inc., and Watts Constructors. Collectively, we specialize in Commercial, Federal, and Industrial construction projects with a best-in-class Supply Chain segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. That’s why we provide team members a career (not just a job), supported by learning and development opportunities, and a positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company’s culture.
Our company views employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. We are committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that inspires, motivates, and continuously improves. Community involvement, employee empowerment, and strong relationships makes The Weitz Company a great place to work.
We are currently accepting applications for a Superintendent to join our Iowa Commercial team.
What You’ll Do Every Day:
- Act as the primary leader of subcontractors and field forces on a job site
- Maintain project safety in accordance with the Company’s Safety Policy
- Develop and update the project schedule
- Prepare two-week look ahead schedules
- Update project schedules utilizing computerized scheduling software
- Assist with the buyout and selection of major subcontractors
- Coordinate the work of the subcontractors’ field forces
- Communicate effectively with owners, designers and engineers
- Maintain accurate cost reports
- Adhere to all company policies, standards, and procedures
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
The Weitz Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment (minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws). The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace and background checks are required if applicable. Click here to review our Privacy Notice.
- Competitive Pay
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Benefits Package with Tax-Advantaged HSA and FSA offerings
- Employer-Paid Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Products including Critical Illness Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Corporate Wellness Program with Wellness Time Off and Rewards
A minimum of five (5) years of commercial construction experience in all facets of the project. Must also have experience with safety, preconstruction, staff development, and retention and customer interaction.
- Desired Experience: A minimum of five (5) years of commercial construction experience in all facets of the project. Must also have experience with safety, preconstruction, staff development, and retention and customer interaction.
- Skills: Ability to read and interpret construction documents, knowledge of construction methods and materials, strong team leadership skills and ability to communicate are all required skills. Candidate must also have time management and project organizational skills to be successful in this role.
- Education: A high school diploma is required. Industry-related college degree is preferred.
- Technology: Candidate should have experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Apple products (iPhone & iPad), and have experience with or ability to learn specific software. Training will be provided on company standards.
Our projects are currently located within a 60 mile radius of Des Moines.