Search for Jobs:
Senior Project Superintendent Des Moines, IA
The Weitz Company
Senior Project Superintendent
Des Moines, IA
Our global construction group is comprised of Orascom Construction subsidiaries, The Weitz Company, Contrack Watts Inc., and Watts Constructors. Collectively, we specialize in Commercial, Federal, and Industrial construction projects with a best-in-class Supply Chain segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. That’s why we provide team members a career (not just a job), supported by learning and development opportunities, and a positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company’s culture.
Our company views employees as our most valuable asset and the key to our success. We are committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that inspires, motivates, and continuously improves. Community involvement employee empowerment, and strong relationships makes The Weitz Company a great place to work.
We are currently accepting applications for a Sr. Project Superintendent to be located on data center projects in Des Moines, IA for the Mission Critical Business Unit.
The Senior Project Superintendent is responsible for the profitable field operations on complex, large projects after demonstrating ability to successfully completing smaller projects. The Senior Project Superintendent is also responsible to establish the safety culture on the jobsite and work closely with the Project Manger to manage schedule, budge and staff to achieve profitable outcomes. This individual should also create and maintain effective client, vendor, supplier, and subcontractor relationships. This position typically reports to the most senior Project Manager on the job.
What You'll Do:
- Construct the project in accordance with plans, schedule, specifications and standards
- Lead subcontractors and field employees on a jobsite
- Lead project safety in accordance with the Company’s Safety Policy
- Work alongside the Project Manager(s) to manage the project schedule, budget and staff
- Develop and maintain the project schedule utilizing scheduling software; prepare two-week look ahead schedules
- Assist with the buyout and selection of major subcontractors
- Recommend ways to reduce cost, improve schedule dates, decrease project scope and improve the quality of the project
- Ensure project documents are accurate, timely and in compliance (i.e. closeout documents, submittals, daily logs, etc.)
- Review and enforce all contract terms and obligations
- Adhere to all company policies, standards, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
The Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment (minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws). The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace and background checks are required if applicable. Click here to review our Privacy Notice.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Benefits Package with Tax-Advantaged HSA and FSA offerings
- Employer-Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Products including: Critical Illness Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Corporate Wellness Program with Wellness Time Off and Rewards
What We're Looking For:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each previously stated duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability necessary to succeed in this role.
- Education: A High School Diploma is required; Industry related college degree is preferred.
- Experience: A minimum of eight (8) years’ of extensive field and project construction management experience is necessary for this position. Experience in a fast-paced environment; proven history of leading others successfully and to teach, develop and mentor others. Data center experience is strongly preferred.
- Skills: Ability to read and interpret construction documents, knowledge of construction methods and materials, and the ability to communicate, negotiate and problem solve are all required skills. Candidate must also have time management and project organizational skills to be successful in this role.
- Technology: Candidate should have experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Apple products (iPhone & iPad) and have the ability to learn specific software. Solid systems experience with Procore, JDE, and Asta is preferred. Training will be provided on company standards.