Search for Jobs:
Topman Des Moines, IA
Des Moines, IA
Specialize in demolition, heavy highway and commercial grading.
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Topman
Salary Range: Union Scale plus health, vision, dental insurance, pension plan and other benefits
Elder Corporation is a family-owned business and values long-term employee relationships. We specialize in massive earthmoving and complex underground utility projects to heavy duty demolition work, and are trusted by thousands of Midwest customers to be their site development partner. Although we require experienced applicants for some positions, we are always looking for employees who are willing to be flexible and learn new skills.
- Cut pipe using a quickie saw
- Manually maneuver pipe
- Shovel rock, dirt and sand
- Use a sledgehammer
- Figure grades
- Climb in and out of excavation
- Carry materials including bags of concrete, lumber, plastic pipe, grates, castings, etc.
- Assist the pipelayer
- Responsible for the care and storage of all tools used and clean up.
- Follow job site safety
- Must be dependable and willing to report to work on time
- Must be able to work extended hours during the construction season
- Must be willing to learn new skills, specific to the industry
- Must be willing to work in difficult settings and conditions (mud, hot, cold)
- Must be hard working
- Experience with utility installation
- Knowledge of terminology and pipe material types
All prospective employees will be subject to a pre-employment drug screen, physical and a background check.
Elder Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.