Search for Jobs:
Pipelayer Des Moines, IA
Des Moines, IA
Specialize in demolition, heavy highway and commercial grading.
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay: Competitive Wages - Union Scale plus Union Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental), Pension Plan
Other: Advancement Opportunities, Boot Reimbursement, Safe/ Clean/ Friendly Environment, Specialty Tools Provided
Elder Corporation is a family-owned business that values long-term employee relationships. We specialize in massive earthmoving, complex underground utility projects to heavy duty demolition work, and are trusted by thousands of Midwest customers to be their site development partner. Although we require experienced applicants for some positions, we are always looking for employees who are willing to be flexible and learn new skills. To learn more about Elder Corporation, visit our website at www.eldercorp.com.
All prospective candidates must pass a pre-employment physical, drug test, and background check.
Elder Corporation is searching for a Pipelayer with a minimum of three years’ experience. Candidates with less experience will be accepted if they are a hard worker and willing and open to learning new skills. Elder Corporation’s goal is to have all employees home with their family each night. Most job sites are located within 60 miles of DesMoines, giving employees the luxury of going home each night.
- Follow job site safety
- General knowledge of main line installation
- Lay sewer, water main and storm sewer on construction sites
- Set up and follow a pipe laser
- Shoot and calculate grade and elevation
- Lead and assist laborers
- Any other duties assigned by the Supervisor
- Manhole and structure safety
- Dependable and willing to report to work on time
- Verbal communication skills
- Ability to work extended hours during the construction season
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to lift 60 lbs without assistance is preferred
- Ability to crawl in and out of structures
- Swiftly climb up and down a ladder
- Frequent bending, reaching, standing, walking, squatting, sitting, and pushing and pulling heavy objects throughout daily shift
- Capable to work in sun, heat, water, and other various weather conditions
- Comfortable to work in dirty and dusty environments
- Familiarity of close proximity with heavy equipment
- OSHA 10 or 30 Certification
- Experience with tools (quikie saw, shovel, chains, drills, etc.)
- Underground knowledge
Elder Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
All prospective employees will be subject to a pre-employment drug screen, physical and a background check.