Search for Jobs:
Industrial Automation Service Technician Ankeny, IA
Industrial Automation Service Technician
Baker Group, the Midwest’s leading provider of critical building infrastructure systems, is expanding its team of more than 1100 dedicated professionals. Headquartered in Ankeny, Iowa, Baker Group is the recognized leader in developing and deploying a variety of systems for commercial and industrial clients. With special expertise in Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing, Piping, Electrical, Sheet Metal, Automation, Access Control, Security Cameras, Parking Revenue Control, Fire Alarm design and 24/7/365 Service, our team includes the breadth of skills required in the construction of highly technical, special-use buildings like hospitals, educational facilities, corporate office buildings, data centers, industrial facilities and research laboratories. To learn more about our company and our career opportunities, please visit www.thebakergroup.com.
Do you care about people and possess a passion for service? Do you love what you do and leap at the opportunity to solve complex challenges with equal parts creativity and teamwork? Are you mentally tough and excited by the prospect of exceeding expectations? Do you proudly take ownership in your work in a way that pushes you to partner with leadership to accomplish long-term goals and move your organization forward? If your answer to these questions is a resounding “Yes!” we want to visit with you about a career at the Baker Group.
As a member of the Baker Group team, the Industrial Automation Service Technician will report to either the Installation Supervisor, Team Leader, or Operations Manager, and will be responsible for supporting our Project Managers with creating, installing, and commissioning of PLC/HMI/VFD based systems as well as network and device integration work.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The following duties are typical for this job. These are not to be constructed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Troubleshoot and Repair of existing installations; including fault diagnoses, and programming bug fixes and alterations.
- Reads / translates the information found in PLC code, Schematic wiring, Ladder and P&ID process diagrams.
- Provide appropriate reports to document problems and repairs to service manager
- Provide technical support on company sponsored products to customers and other company technicians.
- Work with other technicians to develop and share technical solutions.
- Actively participate in technician training to maintain technical expertise on new products, tools, and integration through continuing education initiatives.
Baker Group offers a competitive compensation, excellent benefits, including ESOP, and a positive work environment. Wage is dependent on experience.
Baker Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
All positions are contingent upon successfully completing a drug test.
*Care About People* *Love What We Do* *Mentally Tough* *Own It*
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
To see other positions, click here.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Minimum of three years of experience with industrial control systems preferred
Mental and Physical Competencies required to perform essential functions:
- Working knowledge of at least one PLC software (i.e. Rockwell RSLogix or Modicon Unity Pro)
- Working knowledge of at least one HMI software (i.e. Rockwell FactoryTalk or Wonderware InTouch)
- Demonstrable knowledge of at least one VFD product line software such as Rockwell PowerFlex.
- Knowledge of Ethernet and serial network communication formats (Ethernet, DeviceNET, ControlNET, and others) and hardware configurations.
- Knowledge of common Windows Office applications
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL or other database applications preferred but not required
- Understanding of basic process controls (i.e. PID control loops, motor control, commissioning of digital and analog measurement devices)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written
- Must have good driving record.
- A contingency for employment will require the successfully passing of a background investigation.