Search for Jobs:
Assistant Superintendent Cedar Falls, IA
Nelson Construction & Development
Cedar Falls, IA
Nelson Construction & Development is a real estate developer, investor, and general contractor located in Des Moines, Iowa. Our twenty-two years of work include more than 3,000,000 square feet and $600,000,000 in both ground-up new construction as well as major award-winning historic renovations. Our work spans many states, including Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, and Illinois with a focus on multifamily apartments, senior living assisted living and memory care units, as well as various hotel, retail, parking garage, and office projects.
Nelson Construction & Development share one office (developer, investor, and general contractor), and are completely open with pipe line for projects, finances, and problem solving. Once the design has been started, the general contractor is involved with the developer throughout the design process. Through this process, the general contracting team gains additional information from the design team and also the opportunity to weigh in on the design means and methods.
Nelson Construction & Development only works on our own projects. Therefore there is no chasing and hard bidding projects. There is a firm commitment for each project, making the general contracting team able to start engaging on projects early.
General Contracting at Nelson looks different than a typical general contractor, and because of this - our employees have the opportunity to dive into our projects during design, solve problems/issues faster with the owner, and also always knowing projects are coming.
Nelson Construction & Development is a real estate and construction contractor firm seeking a qualified candidate that will assist the Superintendent on-site day-to-day construction activities of small to medium size diverse projects ranging from ground-up to tenant improvements to a variety of commercial, multi-family, and senior living.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attends and participates in production team meetings and other meetings as required.
- Assists superintendent in maintaining and managing construction site.
- Conducts regular quality control and pre-inspection checklists of site.
- Manages jobsites costs effectively and accurately.
- Assists in monitoring of the procurement of materials in conjunction with assigned sub-contractors.
- Works with superintendent and team to ensure timely completion of project by use and implementation of the last planner system.
- Communicate and delegate tasks to subcontractors.
- Perform quality assurance on projects by creating and managing course of construction observations and punch lists.
- Collaborate with other construction management to determine budget and timeline.
- Other duties as assigned.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive Compensation
- Competitive Health Insurance (Wellmark BCBS)
- Dental Insurance with Vision Discount
- Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Growth Opportunities
- Flex Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Schedule
- Fun Company Culture
- Paid Parental Leave
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Marriott Owner Discount for Personal/Family Travel
- Safety Supplies Provided
- Paid Holidays and PTO
Desired Skills and Experience
- Possess strong leadership abilities, strong organization, judgment, multi-tasking, and decision-making abilities.
- Proficiency in Procore, MS Office, MS Project, and Bluebeam for documentation, reporting, and scheduling Lean Construction’s Last Planner System.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive client/consultant/internal relationships.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- OSHA 10 Hour Certification, 1st Aid & CPR Certification.