Search for Jobs:
Administrative Assistant III Des Moines, IA
The Weitz Company
Administrative Assistant III
Des Moines, IA
The Weitz Company is one of the oldest general contractors in the United States, specializing in Commercial and Industrial construction projects, supported by a best-in-class Supply Chain business segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
Weitz views employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to the success of the Company. Employees enjoy the ability to build relationships, network and make an impact on our communities. We promise every employee competitive pay and benefits, a safe place to work, a career path supported by training and development opportunities, and a positive work environment. Employees are encourage to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way!
Our global construction group is comprised of Orascom Construction subsidiaries, The Weitz Company, Contrack Watts Inc., and Watts Constructors. Collectively, we specialize in Commercial, Federal, and Industrial construction projects with a best-in-class Supply Chain segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. That’s why we provide team members a career (not just a job), supported by training and development opportunities, and a positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company’s culture.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Benefits Package with Tax-Advantaged HSA and FSA offerings
- Employer-Paid Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Products including: Pet Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Corporate Wellness Program with Wellness Time Off and Rewards
The Weitz Company is seeking an Administrative Assistant III – Mission Critical to be located out of our Des Moines, IA Thornton Office to support the Mission Critical Business Unit Leadership team.
The Administrative Assistant III performs a wide variety of clerical and administrative duties including creating correspondence, coordinating events, and processing invoices. Typically, this position will be located at a business office; however, based on the business need, the position may be assigned to a jobsite or warehouse. The Administrative Assistant III will report to a General Manager or Segment President.
Duties are broad, varied, and often of a complex and confidential nature. Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail, organization, customer service skills, independent judgment/discretion, professionalism, excellent written and verbal skills, initiative, and decision-making abilities are required. The Administrative Assistant III is able to anticipate needs and accomplish tasks (some of a confidential nature) with minimal supervision and/or direction.
What You'll Do:
- Set up executive meetings, draft agendas, distribute meeting materials, and take meeting minutes. Follow up on action items as needed.
- Complete special assignments or initiatives.
- Maintain executives' calendar of meetings and appointments.
- Reconcile credit card statements and prepare expense reports.
- Handle telephone calls and emails, possibly sensitive or confidential in nature, discerning and processing the needs of the caller.
- Support executive activities in industry organizations, industry conferences and events.
- Coordinate executives' travel arrangements. Anticipate needs and take steps to accommodate.
- Communicate with executives and crucial contacts involving projects, meetings, etc.
- Support marketing and communications efforts as needed (proposals, presentations, etc.) – either in creation on proofreading.
- Work on internal processes and communications, standardizing training and documentation across Mission Critical jobsites in multiple locations.
- Coordinate, prepare, photocopy, collate, and bind reports, meeting materials, manuals, and special projects as necessary.
- Plan and coordinate events, both in the office and off-site.
- Type and edit documents and presentations, transcribing hand-written copies.
- Serve as the central point of contact for office related needs.
- Assist Human Resources and Safety groups as requested.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to various departments as requested.
- Prepare special reports, memoranda, letters of confidential nature, and routine correspondence on behalf of the business.
- Assist in coordination and organization of company events such as meetings, travel, conferences, and department activities.
- Code invoices to the correct cost code.
- Set up and maintain a filing system that ensures easy and efficient retrieval of information.
- Answer all incoming calls and direct to proper individual.
- Act as a liaison with outside agencies and vendors, such as building departments and caterers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Wear required PPE when visiting projects.
- Work with project teams to confirm contracts and insurance requirements are in place.
- Comply with safe lifting requirements in the office.
- Monitor safety hazards and complete iAudits in the office.
- Ask about safety performance when visiting projects.
What We're Looking For:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability necessary to succeed:
- Education: A high school diploma is required.
- Experience: Candidate must have eight years of experience with increasing responsibility in executive level assistance and/or administrative functions. At least two years experience supporting senior level executive at a regional or segment level.
- Skills: Must be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio. Independent judgment, confidentiality, excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and flexibility to coordinate/manage multiple projects with frequent interruptions is required. Candidate must also possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and the proven ability to work with limited supervision. The highest level of discretion is necessary when working with sensitive and confidential information. Professional demeanor, tact, and poise are essential.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
The Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of the Company without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of The Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.
The Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment (minorities, females, and veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity). The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace and background checks are required if applicable.