Search for Jobs:
Corporate Recruiter Des Moines, IA
The Weitz Company
Des Moines, IA
The Weitz Company is one of the oldest general contractors in the United States, specializing in Commercial and Industrial construction projects, supported by a best-in-class Supply Chain business segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
Weitz views employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to the success of the Company. Employees enjoy the ability to build relationships, network and make an impact on our communities. We promise every employee competitive pay and benefits, a safe place to work, a career path supported by training and development opportunities, and a positive work environment. Employees are encourage to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way!
Our global construction group is comprised of Orascom Construction subsidiaries, The Weitz Company, Contrack Watts Inc., and Watts Constructors. Collectively, we specialize in Commercial, Federal, and Industrial construction projects with a best-in-class Supply Chain segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. That’s why we provide team members a career (not just a job), supported by learning and development opportunities, and a positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company’s culture.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Benefits Package with Tax-Advantaged HSA and FSA offerings
- Employer-Paid Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Products including: Pet Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Corporate Wellness Program with Wellness Time Off and Rewards
The Weitz Company is seeking a Corporate Recruiter to be located out of our Des Moines, IA office.
The Corporate Recruiter will collaborate with multiple hiring managers to meet the evolving needs of the organization and ensure the best talent is identified for each respective position. The Corporate Recruiter reports directly to the Sr. Corporate Recruiter or the Director of Human Resources.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborates with hiring managers to identify project needs and desired qualifications for the staff.
- Identifies the most effective methods for recruiting and attracting candidates.
- Assists with job posting and advertisement processes.
- Identifies appropriate candidates and assesses their qualifications through review of their resumes, phone screenings, and other forms of communications.
- Counsels candidates on the interview and hiring process.
- Connects qualified candidates with hiring managers.
- Schedules interviews; oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
- Collaborates with the hiring manager and/or other human resource staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent details.
- Checks candidates’ references and credentials, verifying experience and backgrounds.
- Arranges meeting locations, travel, and/or accommodations for applicants and company managers when necessary.
- Follows up with hiring managers after the interview process to determine whether a placement can be made; collects feedback when placement is unsuccessful
- Selects one or more placement agencies to assist with recruitment process.
- Attends and participates in college job fairs and recruiting sessions.
- Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process.
- Ensures compliance with applicable equal employment opportunity (EEO), federal, state, and local employment laws, regulations, and company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What We're Looking For:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each previously stated duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability necessary to succeed in this role.
- Education: A High School Diploma is required; Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience, required. SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred. SHRM’s Talent Acquisition Specialty Credential a plus.
- Experience: A minimum of five (5) years’ managing all phases of the recruitment and hiring process highly preferred.
- Skills: Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal and interviewing skills. Candidate must have the ability to build positive relationships. Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative. Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Technology: Candidate should have experience with Microsoft Office Suite and have the ability to learn specific software.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
The Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of the Company without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of the Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.
The Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment (minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws). The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace and background checks are required if applicable.