Search for Jobs:
Accountant I Des Moines, IA
The Weitz Company
Des Moines, IA
The Weitz Company is one of the oldest general contractors in the United States, specializing in Commercial and Industrial construction projects, supported by a best-in-class Supply Chain business segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
Weitz views employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to the success of the Company. Employees enjoy the ability to build relationships, network and make an impact on our communities. We promise every employee competitive pay and benefits, a safe place to work, a career path supported by training and development opportunities, and a positive work environment. Employees are encourage to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way!
Our global construction group is comprised of Orascom Construction subsidiaries, The Weitz Company, Contrack Watts Inc., and Watts Constructors. Collectively, we specialize in Commercial, Federal, and Industrial construction projects with a best-in-class Supply Chain segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. That’s why we provide team members a career (not just a job), supported by learning and development opportunities, and a positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company’s culture.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Benefits Package with Tax-Advantaged HSA and FSA offerings
- Employer-Paid Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Products including: Pet Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Corporate Wellness Program with Wellness Time Off and Rewards
The Weitz Company is seeking an Accountant I to be located out of our Des Moines, IA Corporate office.
The Accountant I is responsible for accounting projects related to treasury, accounts payable and accounts receivable. This position reports to the Accounting Supervisor.
What You'll Do:
- Processes daily treasury reports
- Analyzes multiple bank reports to summarize into a daily report for review by management
- Verifies invoice extensions and discount information prior to processing payments; distributes vendor payments
- Assists with maintaining the report of checks and wires that are deposited into the company account for accuracy
- Submits invoices for processing when needed
- Processes daily and weekly reports, both scheduled and on demand
- Obtains and confirms p-card coding each month
- Creates payment groups, prints checks, submits wire transfers
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; applies technical and professional expertise to the practical solutions of problems
- Meets established quality standards while ensuring content is accurate to avoid re-work
- Assures quality service to staff and clients; is reliable and punctual
- Trains project team on accounting processes as required
- Adheres to all company policies, standards, and procedures
- Other duties and projects as assigned
What We're Looking For:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each previously stated duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability necessary to succeed in this role.
- Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in an accounting related field is required.
- Experience: Previous accounting internship experience and/or one to two years in a fast-paced business environment are preferred.
- Skills: Independent judgment, problem solving, internal and external communication, attention to detail, tact, discretion with sensitive and confidential information, adaptability, prioritization and analytical abilities are all necessary skills for an Accountant I.
- Technology: Candidate should be proficient in 10-key and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), and have experience with or ability to learn specific accounting software (Tungsten, JDE, etc.). Training will be provided on company standards.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
The Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of the Company without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of The Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.
The Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment (minorities, females, and veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity). The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace and background checks are required if applicable.