Search for Jobs:
Foreman Clive, IA
Priority Excavating L.L.C.
Priority Excavating is a team of professionals who are committed to your site utilities. We go below the ground to provide Central Iowa communities with water main, sanitary sewer, and storm sewer drainage.
Record Keeping: (must be able to operate I-pad and enter employee time)
- Production time
- Crew members hours
- Change orders
- Construction drawings
- Shop drawings
- Oversee crew members: ensure they are being productive and performing their job correctly.
- Plan for material and rock deliveries and construction staking.
- Make sure your job has been located by IOWA-ONE-CALL.
- Make sure your job site is organized and debris is picked up.
- Ensure machines are maintained and operating efficiently.
- Immediately address and report all safety, OSHA compliance, handbook issues that occur in the field to the Company’s HR on the date of the occurrence.
- Immediately report any on the job accidents to the Company’s HR on the date of the occurrence. Complete accident report forms as needed. Make a record of the accident details.
- Other duties as needed or directed by the Superintendent.
This person is a reflection to our field crew members of what we want the company’s reputation and image to be. It requires a positive, assertive, “can do” attitude that is portrayed in a fair and respectful way to the employees. Cohesiveness between the company’s team players should be a constant goal among all employees. Employee related Issues should be addressed directly by:
- Pointing out the problem to the employee(s) and that it is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. Make a record (photos if possible). Consider and verbalize this is a warning. Notify the Company’s HR.
- Repeated problem/incident, document all evidence, report to Company’s HR.
- Following progressive discipline procedures is critical for office records and unemployment hearings.
*Overtime is often required: we comply with all applicable federal and state laws with regard to payment of overtime work.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work with construction equipment such as air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment, and pavement breakers.
- General knowledge of main line installation.
- Thorough operational knowledge and skills of specific equipment to be operated.
- Ability to operate assigned equipment safely and efficiently.
- Ability to service the assigned equipment to ensure maximum operating efficiency.
- Ability to read blue prints, plans, and instructions.
- Work environment conditions consist of working in the sun, heat, cold, and water where the conditions could be dirty or dusty.
- Ability to crawl in and out of excavations.
- Ability to climb up and down a ladder, up to 50 feet high.
- Frequent bending, walking, squatting, reaching, pushing, pulling, and standing.
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs frequently.
- Must pass Priority Excavating physical exam and drug test.
YOU ONLY PAY $3.00 a WEEK FOR FAMILY AND SINGLE HEALTH INSURANCE PLANS - this includes dental, vision, basic life, short-term disability and long term disability. We pay the rest.
We also offer a Flex Benefit and 401K plan with a company match.
- One to two years experience in the field preferred.
- OSHA 10 or 30.
- Confined Spaces, Competent Person and CPR/1st Aid training preferred.
- Graduation from a standard senior high school, or equivalent.
- Basic arithmetic understanding.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Must pass pre-placement physical and drug test.
Our job sites are typically in Des Moines/surrounding areas.