Search for Jobs:
Marketing and Business Development Specialist Waterloo, IA
Cardinal Construction Inc.
Marketing and Business Development Specialist
$commensurate with experience
As the current operating entity of a general contracting firm dating to 1895, Cardinal Construction, Inc. retains its status as a full-service contractor with offerings that run the gamut from competitive hard bid, to negotiated GMP, to design-build, and on through to construction management. Serving clients throughout northeast and eastern Iowa, Cardinal specializes in industrial, institutional, and commercial construction.
Summary and Overall Objectives of the PositionThe Marketing and Business Development Specialist is responsible for driving construction growth by developing and maintaining relationships with new and existing clients that will lead to new construction project opportunities and building strong partnerships with our clients. The Marketing and Business Development Specialist will also create and distribute positive branding messages for the company.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
The Marketing and Business Development Specialist will lead the process of sustaining and growing client base. The position will also focus on opportunity identification, client cultivation, proposal preparation, and other marketing activities.
Business Development (Approximately 75% of total time)
· Establish standardized processes for business development activities.
· Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business, making cold calls as appropriate to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
· Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client’s organization. Set up and attend meetings between client decision makers and the company’s leadership team.
· Attend client industry functions, such as association events and conferences.
· Track and record activity on target market accounts and help close deals.
· Submit weekly progress reports that relate to established goals, and ensure data is accurate.
· On an annual basis, develop business development plan for securing clients and projects to grow market share.
· Execute business development activities per business development plan.
Marketing (Approximately 25% of total time)
· Establish standardized processes for marketing activities.
· Develop brochures and other marketing materials to be used for business development events.
· Update WordPress™ website on a regular schedule to ensure information presented is timely.
· Develop advertisements for print and social media.
· Maintain Company’s social media account(s).
· With assistance, prepare responses to Requests for Proposals (RFP’s) and interview materials. Work with team to develop proposals that speak to the Client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
· Work with team to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner
The individual in this position must demonstrate the following competencies:
· Excellent organizational skills, with emphasis on priorities and goal setting.
· Superior presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Ability to communicate information to staff members and customers, in clear and concise manner.
· Demonstrated ability to manage, motivate and influence people and business.
· Exceptional relationship management skills.
· Ability to think creatively and have strong presentation and marketing skills.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
· Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite products
Position Type and Expected Hours or Work
This position is full-time. Typical work hours are Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. The expected number of hours worked each week is a minimum of forty (40) hours, or more as needed to complete required functions within deadline.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Cardinal Construction, Inc. is strongly committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business. It is our objective to obtain individuals who are qualified or qualifiable for positions of employment by job-related standards of education, training, experience and performance and to avoid the establishment of artificial barriers to employment or promotion.
Therefore, we follow the law and do not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic testing information, creed, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and childbirth and/or related medical conditions, military service or any other traits or classifications protected by federal, state or local laws.
Cardinal Construction was founded in 1895. We are an employee-owned company, dedicated to creating a positive experience for our Clients through integrity, service and exceptional workmanship. We treat all members of our team fairly and are committed to continuous improvement at all levels.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to:
Angie Joerger, Human Resource Manager
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Cardinal Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment screening and physical. We offer an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to:
· Healthcare Plan
· Flexible Spending Plan
· 401k Plan
· Paid Time Off and Holidays
· Paid Training
· Quarterly Staff Social Events
Required Education and Experience
Experience must include prior business sales experience.
Proven accomplishments regarding administrative skills in developing strategic business plans, improving profitability, developing and effectively utilizing organizational resources to create and sustain growth for and within the company.
Preferred Education and Experience
Bachelor or Associate level degree from an accredited college or university and experience in the construction industry preferred.
The individual in this position must:
· Demonstrate company core values of Positivity, Integrity, Teamwork, Continuous Improvement, and Personal Accountability.
· Demonstrate good judgment and reasoning when investigating and solving problems.
· Maintain the confidentiality of information that may be imparted by employees and clients.
· Seek guidance and direction in the performance of responsibilities and duties.
· Demonstrate ability to tactfully handle difficult situations.
· Consistently show ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities independently.
· Perform all duties which need to be performed although not directly assigned.
Some travel (i.e. less than 25% of time) is expected for this position as travel by motor vehicle to client meetings, conventions, trade shows, and conferences is required. Any travel will take place primarily in the state of Iowa and will typically involve same day travel only. Overnight travel will be infrequent.