Search for Jobs:
Commercial Construction Carpenter Des Moines, IA
Hy-Vee Construction A+ Communication
Commercial Construction Carpenter
Des Moines, IA
Since 1995, Hy-Vee Construction has built its reputation and award-winning, quality construction for Hy-Vee. We are now prepared to offer etensive services to a broader market. These services include: * Refrigerated and dry storage warehousing; * Food Processing and handling facilities; * Retail Construction; * Rolling Remodels - keeping your operations active.
Brief Job Description
This position will be working on remodels of existing facilities, facility repairs and set-up of new stores. Primarily constructs interior framing, hangs drywall, finishes drywall, installs acoustic ceiling material, paints, installs millwork, installs interior décor materials, installs store fixtures & equipment, and completes other duties as assigned. Extensive travel is required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.Adheres to company policies and departmental guidelines.
- Completes interior build-out commercial construction (framing, drywall, acoustic ceilings, painting, millwork installation, etc.).
- Assembles and Installs store fixtures.
- Responsible for being safety minded and comply with the established safety work rules.
- Attends departmental and company meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
You will have an opportunity to enroll in a full compliment of benefits including medical, dental, short-term disability, life and long-term disability, PTO, company match 401k, company profit sharing in form of quarterly bonus and Hy-Vee employee discount on groceries.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent with three to five years related commercial carpentry experience, strong residential construction experience, or training at an accredited school or trade program.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Must be licensed and able to drive a motor vehicle while pulling a trailer.
- Must be maintain a Medical card by passing a DOT physical.
- Must have the ability to follow one or two-step instructions; routine, repetitive tasks.
- Must be able to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with good attention to detail.
Extensive travel is required within the eight states in which Hy-Vee operaters.