Search for Jobs:
Lead Estimator Cedar Rapids, IA
Rinderknecht Associates Inc.
Cedar Rapids, IA
Rinderknecht Associates is a commercial general contractor operating in eastern Iowa, that offers construction management, design build, negotiated and hard bid services. Our portfolio includes a wide variety of projects including office buildings, data centers, colleges, churches, healthcare, and correctional facilities.
Generate and manage estimates required for sales, pre-construction and bidding efforts. Lead teams on projects and prospective projects during business development, pre-construction and construction phases. Work with design teams, subcontractors and suppliers while providing consultation on costs, budgets, and value engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned):
- Analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost and labor estimates for products, projects, or services by performing the following duties.
- Prepare detailed estimates for all design stages, including conceptual design, schematic design, design development and construction documents.
- Prepare estimates on projects with varying contracts such as time and material, guarantee maximum price and lump sum bids.
- Write contracts on negotiated projects.
- Review data to determine material and labor requirements and prepare itemized lists.
- Compute cost factors and prepare estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work, preparing bids, selecting vendors or subcontractors, and determining cost effectiveness.
- Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
- Consult with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Provide complete quantity take-offs to support accurate estimates for all disciplines in commercial construction.
- Lead lump sum bidding process.
- Be a key collaborator for new and existing subcontractor relationships for estimating, bidding and project award.
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of construction methods, processes and management practices; excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; good communication skills; and be organized, efficient and responsive to the needs of internal and external clients alike.
- Provide detailed project schedules in bar chart format.
- Manage and track multiple preconstruction projects at once.
· 10+ years experience in estimating for commercial general construction
· Post-secondary education in construction management or engineering preferred
· Equivalent combination of education and experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Skills: English
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Working knowledge of computerized estimating, Microsoft Office Suite, Bluebeam and/or Adobe
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must maintain a valid Iowa driver’s license.
Other Qualities, Skills and Abilities:
There may be additional qualities, skills, and abilities necessary.