Search for Jobs:
Estimator Cedar Rapids, IA
The Weitz Company
Cedar Rapids, IA
The Weitz Company is one of the oldest general contractors in the United States, specializing in Commercial and Industrial construction projects, supported by a best-in-class Supply Chain business segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
Weitz views employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to the success of the Company. Employees enjoy the ability to build relationships, network and make an impact on our communities. We promise every employee competitive pay and benefits, a safe place to work, a career path supported by training and development opportunities, and a positive work environment. Employees are encourage to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way!
We are currently accepting applications for an outstanding Estimator to be located in our Cedar Rapids, IA business unit. This candidate should have experience viewing and understanding plans, have project management skills, performing take-offs and tabulating sub-bids.
Estimators support the estimating team by preparing complete portions of an estimate for construction projects. They are responsible for profitably managing all administrative and field construction activities to quality standards, while maintaining relationships with all stake holders on assigned projects. This position will provide leadership and directions to superintendents overseeing field personnel including self-performing work, subcontractors, and clients for both plant service/maintenance work and capital project work.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Quantity surveying, pricing, bid solicitation, compiling cost history, and preparing systems comparisons
- Quick creative thinking and the capability of meeting deadlines
- Strong understanding of self-perform work including: equipment installation (millwright), structural steel, and concrete and piping installation
- Ability to compare and analyze various systems and related cost impacts
- Other duties as assigned
- Business travel may be required
- 401K with Company Match
- Basic Life Insurance-AD & D
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Company Discount on Certain Products
- Education Assistance
Many more as well!
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each previously stated duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and ability necessary to succeed in this role:
- Education: An industry-related college degree is highly preferred. High school diploma is required.
- Experience: At least five (5) years’ extensive experience in the industrial construction industry with estimating and project management experience is required. Experience in a fast-paced environment, proven history of producing quality work products on time, accurately, completely, and in an organized fashion. A proven history of leading, teaching, developing and mentoring others successfully.
- Skills: Business acumen, solid leadership, communication, time management, project management, estimating, judgment, decision-making, relationship building, organization, initiative, problem solving, analytical, and multi-tasking are all necessary skills for this role.
- Technology: Candidate should be proficient in Procore, Prolog, P6, or similar project management/scheduling software. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required. Training will be provided on company standards.
BUILD A BETTER WAY // The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace.
Business travel may be required.