Search for Jobs:
Craftperson - Carpenter Waterloo, IA
Cardinal Construction Inc.
Craftperson - Carpenter
As the current operating entity of a general contracting firm dating to 1895, Cardinal Construction, Inc. retains its status as a full-service contractor with offerings that run the gamut from competitive hard bid, to negotiated GMP, to design-build, and on through to construction management. Serving clients throughout northeast and eastern Iowa, Cardinal specializes in industrial, institutional, and commercial construction.
Cardinal Construction is seeking full-time craftspeople with carpentry experience and skill. Responsiblities and duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work and maintain knowledge of various construction materials including wood, fiberglass, steel and concrete.
- Take measurement of distances and materials to establish dimensions/ sizes as directed.
- Cut, shape and smooth the surface of materials using hand powered tools as directed.
- Operate construction equipment, as needed.
- Read and intepret building plans in coordinate with Project Superintendent.
- Ensure compliance with safety rules and procedures to minimize risk of workplace accidents.
- Additonal tasks as required.
Cardinal Construction is dedicated to developing trust-based partnerships through integrity, exceptional workmanship and service. For more than 120 years, we’ve helped clients build, expand and renovate their businesses to keep up with the changing marketplace. Located in Waterloo, Iowa, we provide general construction, construction management and design-build services to clients throughout the state. Our primary markets include senior living, education, commercial, industrial and healthcare.
As a general contractor, our skilled team performs minor excavation, concrete foundations and flatwork, rough and finish carpentry, and steel erection. For all other building components, we have established relationships with local and regional subcontractors and suppliers that share our commitment to integrity, quality workmanship and service.
Our People-First Culture
We believe our people are our strongest asset and greatest resource to our Clients. Whether in the field of office, each person’s knowledge, experience and attitude impacts our success as an organization.
Through programs like on-the-job training, paid training, promotion from within and performance coaching, we strive to provide opportunities for personal and professional development at all levels of our organization. We also enjoy time together as a company through a number of events held throughout the year. Examples include company picnics, holiday celebrations, Cardinal Night at the Ballpark, Milestone Celebrations, and more.
Our people-first culture extends to all aspects of our business including employee benefits. We offer a competitive benefits package that include
- Healthcare Plan
- Flexible Spending Plan
- 401(k) Match
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Training
- Power-Tool Leasing Program
- Tuition Coverage
We believe in working hard and doing everything we can to ensure positive experiences for all of our clients. To that end, we invest in our team members, so they gain the skills, experiences and tools necessary for success.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in similar role.
- Thorough knowledge and expertise of the construction process.
- Physical stamina sufficient to perform construction-related activities including but not limited to: lifting and carrying a minimum of fifty (50) pounds; repeated pounding, standing, bending, stooping, climbing in and around equipment,and up and down ladders throughout daily work shifts.
- Craftspeople are required to provide their own hand tools.
Minimum travel is expected for this position, however, may be necessary depending on jobsite locations. Travel by motor vehicle to jobsites is required. Any travel will take place primarily in the state of Iowa and will typically invole same day travel only. Overnight travel will be infrequent.