Search for Jobs:
Project Manager/Project Engineer Waterloo, IA
Peters Construction Corp.
Project Manager/Project Engineer
$Varies based on experience
At Peters Construction, we BUILD. Our Project Managers work with our team of Skilled Craftspeople that do everything from Carpentry to Steelwork to Concrete to Earthwork in order to BUILD the perfect space for our clients so they can focus on what they do best. Not only do we BUILD great spaces for our clients, we help our team BUILD their skills so that they are constantly learning, growing, improving and getting new opportunities.
Peters Construction Corporation is a Commercial General Contractor seeking a Project Manager/Project Engineer with the skills and experience to make sure every project we are a part of is a success for our clients, vendors, employees and company. As a Project Manager or Project Engineer, you will have the opportunity to be part of almost every aspect of the construction process. You will get to work with a team that has experience and skill combined with a desire improve our approach so that we continue to serve our clients and our company for years to come.
We are an employee owned commercial general contractor based in Waterloo, Iowa that has been serving the Cedar Valley and Iowa for over 65 years. We have been named an Employer of Choice in the area several times in recent years and have built a reputation as a preferred contractor in the area because of our commitment to helping our clients achieve their goals through high quality and cost effective work. We work with the best subcontractors and suppliers in the area as well as self-perform significant portions of many of our projects. We serve a wide range of clients from small business to non-profit organizations to large international corporations, with projects ranging from $10,000 to $15 million plus. Our recent projects include hospitals, churches, universities, restaurants, industrial facilities and more. Our goal is to serve each client and all our employees with skill, integrity and responsibility.
The Project Manager or Project Engineer's main role is to ensure that each project they are leading is completed with a high level of quality in a timely and cost effective manner. They will work closely with the project owner, design team, sub-contractors, suppliers and other Peters Construction team members. They will be asked to participate in all aspects of a construction process from pre-construction to project completion.
- Ability to participate in pre-construction and project estimating process.
- Write contracts and sub-contractor agreements, as well as handle material procurement and supplier purchase agreements.
- Review and process project submittals for approval.
- Develop and maintain project schedule to ensure project completed as scheduled.
- Track and monitor job costs for labor, materials and subcontractors.
- Lead progress meetings with client, design team and other key stakeholders in the project.
- Maintain accurate project level accounting including change orders and cost adjustments.
- Collaborate with all the key stakeholders in a project to solve problems that arise and ensure they have the information they need in order to complete the project as planned.
- Facilitate the resolution of design changes and questions.
- Ensure job is completed safely and in compliance with OSHA safety regulations.
- Continuous development of skills, including but not limited to technology and leadership skills.
- Health Insurnance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid time off
- Life insurnace
- Disability insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management strongly preferred.
- Three years of experience in Commercial Construction is preferred.
- Experience with Sage 300 Estimating and Project Management is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Project is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Proactively identifies potential issues.
- Solve problems calmly and collaboratively.
- Willingness to receive and give constructive performance feedback.
- Manage time and competing priorities.
- Detail focus and follow through.
- Ability to use and learn current and future technology.
- Limited to local travel primarily.