Search for Jobs:
Mechanic First Class Des Moines, IA
Star Equipment, Ltd.
Mechanic First Class
Des Moines, IA
Serving Iowa for 50 years with full service, rental and parts departments in each location, and a sales staff ready to help you with your needs. Four locations to serve you better - Des Moines, Ames, Cedar Rapids, and Waterloo.
Today we’ve grown to a staff of over 80 men and women working in four Iowa locations, and we’re now in our second generation of family ownership: Bruce, Brad, and Brett Bowman have taken the reins and are continuing the Star tradition of top-quality service and product expertise. There are plenty of reasons why we should be your first choice for construction equipment, here are just a few of the big ones:
We invest heavily in our employees, with ongoing training at seminars, conferences, and other programs.
When we recommend a product, we’re confident it will perform the task at hand to your expectations and beyond.
We offer equipment intended to minimize your downtime and maximize your profits.
We’re dedicated to researching new products and offering the ones that benefit your company.
We have mechanics at all four locations and a certified laser technician on staff.
We have a fleet of vehicles, dedicated to delivering equipment and materials to your jobsite on time.
We offer assistance with GPS products.
Our staff is easily accessible at all times.
We’re involved in numerous construction-industry organizations.
- perform with minimum supervision any assigned maintenance task in a timely manner o insure all safety procedures are followed and that fellow employees do the same.
- troubleshoot problems on all equipment using test equipment, tools, service manuals and service bulletins.
- utilize all departmental reference materials, service and parts manuals as needed to complete the job.
- continually study and upgrade proficiency in construction equipment trouble shooting and repair.
- keep your paperwork up-to-date at all times, personal and company (CDL - Physical card - Log Books - Time Sheets).
- to think your job through and do it the best and most efficient way possible.
- be able to check the work of new or lower class mechanics when asked to do so.
- to own enough hand tools to facilitate completion of job tasks
Benefits include paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, health, vision, life, and ltd insurance, uniforms, 401k plan. Pre-employment drug test and physical required. EOE
Minimum Years of Experience Required: 2 Years
Minimum Years of Education Required: High School/GED
PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- construction equipment mechanical experience - minimum 2 yrs.
- demonstrate high degree of proficiency in construction equipment repair
- ability to check work of others
- ability to lift 100 lbs
- ability to work long hours
- ability to work as part of a team