Search for Jobs:
Laborer Mason City, IA
Henkel Construction Co.
Mason City, IA
Henkel Construction Company, the second oldest construction company in Iowa, builds healthcare, commercial, industrial, retail, institutional and heavy-highway projects. Projects range in value from $500,000 to $30 million. Half of our work is design-build or construction management and the other half is competitively bid.
Our goal is to be the Owner’s choice for construction services based on our professionalism, performance, dedication, and teamwork. We are committed to our employees and do our best to provide them with safe working environments where new ideas and growth are encouraged. In addition, we are dedicated to community service, as a company and as individuals.
We were awarded the top safety awards from Master Builders of Iowa/Iowa OSHA. Henkel received the Outstanding Safety Achievement Award, Safety Professional Award, and Safety Champion award. In addition Henkel Construction was the winner of Master Builders of Iowa Masters Award for projects $5 million to $10 million.
Perform tasks involving physical labor at building, highway, and heavy construction projects, and demolition sites. May operate hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and instruments. May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, clean up rubble and debris, and remove asbestos, lead, and other hazardous waste materials. May assist other craft workers.
- Clean and prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
- Control traffic passing near, in, and around work zones.
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, and compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, and rakes.
- Position, join, align, and seal structural components, such as concrete wall sections and pipes.
- Measure, mark, and record openings and distances to lay out areas where construction work will be performed.
- Load, unload, and identify building materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications.
- Erect and disassembled scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps, and other temporary structures.
- Build and position forms for pouring concrete, and dismantle forms after use, using saws, hammers, nails, or bolts.
- Lubricate, clean, and repair machinery, equipment, and tools.
- Operate jackhammers and drills to break up concrete or pavement.
- Smooth and finish freshly poured cement or concrete, using floats, trowels, screeds, or powered cement finishing tools.
- Operate, read, and maintain air monitoring and other sampling devices in confined and/or hazardous environments.
- Install sewer, water, and storm drain pipes, using pipe-laying machinery and laser guidance equipment.
- Provide assistance to craft workers, such as carpenters, plasterers, and masons.
- Tend pumps, compressors, and generators to provide power for tools, machinery, and equipment, or to heat and move materials such as asphalt.
- Mop, brush, or spread paints, cleaning solutions, or other compounds over surfaces to clean them or to provide protection.
- Place, consolidate, and protect case-in-place concrete or masonry structures.
- Shovel cement and other materials into portable cement mixers; and mix, pour, and spread concrete.
- Grind, scrape, sand, or polish surfaces such as concrete, marble, terrazzo, or wood flooring, using abrasive tools or machines.
- Tend machines that pump concrete, grout, cement, sand, plaster or stucco through spray-guns for application to ceilings and walls.
- Mix ingredients to create compounds for covering or cleaning surfaces.
- Raze buildings and salvage useful materials.
- Spray materials such as water, sand, steam, vinyl, paint, or stucco through hoses to clean, coat, or seal surfaces.
- Apply caulking compounds by hand or using caulking guns.
- Read and obey safety rules and regulations.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accurate – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Goal Oriented – Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Honesty/Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Initiative – Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Judgment – The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Reliability – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Hiring Bonus!
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Benefit
- Profit sharing
- Paid Vacation
- Bonus program
- Assistance for continuing education
- Employee recruitment bonus
- Quarterly incentives
- Perfect Attendance incentives
Thank you for reviewing our opportunity, for immediate consideration please click on apply!
Minimum Years of Experience Required: Entry Level
Minimum Years of Education Required: High School/GED
Must be Authorized to Work in the US
Willing to Travel