Search for Jobs:
Senior Project Manager Des Moines, IA
Senior Project Manager
Des Moines, IA
Seneca Companies is a privately held, family-owned company that has been in business for 50 years. With multiple divisions spanning industries including fuel systems, waste solutions, automotive & commercial equipment, energy solutions and environmental services.
The Seneca team is proud to offer "The Complete Solution" with our distinct divisions. This diversity enables us to serve the needs of an array of industries located throughout the Midwest, Southern and Mountain regions.
WHAT WE NEED
Seneca Companies is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to work within our General Contracting division in our Des Moines, Iowa office. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a growing area within our family owned and operated business directly supporting the organizations where you may purchase your fuel.
JOB SUMMARY: Leads construction projects including scheduling and communication concerning bids, subcontracting, progress and delays. Responsible for estimates, schedules, materials, and purchase orders. Supervises the installation of equipment and components in assigned field. Requires technical knowledge to assist installing contractors. Trains and provides direction to project estimators, project coordinators, project specialists and billing specialists. Works closely with construction management to accomplish work in the field.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- 30%: Leads construction projects including scheduling and communication concerning bids, subcontracting, progress and delays. Leads or directs project estimating activities and the preparation of project proposals. Works with Sales in developing project specifications, working drawings and presentations when needed.
- 30%: Manages project costs. Reviews and monitors the Job Costing Program, ensuring the proper accounting of construction and service costs and activities. Reviews all project invoices for accuracy and reasonableness. Validates sub-contractor invoices to ensure
- 20%: Approves departmental purchase orders and vendor and contractor invoices. Reviews all project invoices for accuracy and reasonableness.
- 10%: Secures the appropriate permits for all construction projects; assists in the scheduling of projects and assumes primary responsibility for project management. Works with the Construction Field Supervisor in conducting a pre-job review.
- 10%: Performs other duties as assigned.
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid holidays (7)
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Experience: 6+ years of experience in the construction/project coordination field. Previous managerial/supervisory experience preferred.
- Education: Requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty or equivalent training and experience.
- Technical Abilities: Knowledge of general business principles and practices as would normally be acquired through secondary education, or equivalent experience plus one year of additional schooling in the Construction Trades area or equivalent training and experience. Knowledge of job costing and project estimating principles and practices as would be acquired through over 6 years of related construction experience in a similar industry. Knowledge of the use and operation of petroleum tanks and products. Knowledge of project management methodology and practices is required.
- Autonomy/Direction: Ability to work independently with little or no direction: Translates management's desired outcomes into workable tasks and executes those tasks at his/her own discretion. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to top mana