Search for Jobs:
Project Engineer Des Moines, IA
The Weitz Company
Des Moines, IA
The Weitz Company is one of the oldest general contractors in the United States, specializing in Commercial and Industrial construction projects, supported by a best-in-class Supply Chain business segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
Weitz views employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to the success of the Company. Employees enjoy the ability to build relationships, network and make an impact on our communities. We promise every employee competitive pay and benefits, a safe place to work, a career path supported by training and development opportunities, and a positive work environment. Employees are encourage to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way!
Our global construction group is comprised of Orascom Construction subsidiaries, The Weitz Company, Contrack Watts Inc., and Watts Constructors. Collectively, we specialize in Commercial, Federal, and Industrial construction projects with a best-in-class Supply Chain segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. That’s why we provide team members a career (not just a job), supported by training and development opportunities, and a positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company’s culture.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay and Benefits
- Strong Company and Safety Culture
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Training and Educational Assistance Opportunities
The Weitz Company is seeking applications for an outstanding Project Engineer (various levels) to be located out of our Des Moines, IA office.
The Project Engineer performs administrative and office engineering functions for an assigned project site. This individual will assist with project planning, buyout, project management and close out procedures.
What You'll Do:
- Support the business unit safety program
- Assist with preparing the project safety plan
- Participate in cost reporting and updating
- Obtain contract drawings, specifications, and other pertinent information necessary for the completion of the project and distribute copies as needed
- Prepare and update overall project schedule with input from the project superintendent and the project manager
- Request, receive, and tabulate bids as directed
- Negotiate assigned subcontracts, purchase orders, and draft agreements
- Obtain, review, approve, and process all shop drawings and product submittals
- Stay abreast of delivery dates and inform the project manager and superintendent of changes that may impact the project schedule
- Review project documents for any cost-saving or quality changes
- Assist with preparation of periodic owner status reports as required
- Adhere to all company policies, standards, procedures and core values
- Other duties and projects assigned
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
The Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of the Company without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of The Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.
The Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment (minorities, females, and veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws). The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace and background checks are required if applicable.
What We're Looking For:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each previously stated duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability necessary to succeed.
- Education: Industry related college degree is required.
- Experience: A minimum of one year of project management construction experience.
- Skills: Good engineering and construction management skills are important. Individual must have good communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with the owner, architect, and internal project team. A high level of integrity is required. Good time management and project organization skills are essential.
- Technology: Must be proficient in basic computer software programs such as Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel), and must be able to learn project management software (JDE, Procore, Asta, Bluebeam, etc.).